• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Drinking Achohol!!!

:sigh::sigh::sigh: I went out with my my friends for the first time last night since my surgery on 12th September....Was lovely to see them all and was really loving all the compliments about my weight loss up to now....
I have always been someone who enjoyed a drink. Vodka and coke was my tipple. I knew I wouldnt be able to drink the same volumes as I used to and that I would have to make some changes as I cant drink fizzy drinks but I just couldnt find anythin I enjoyed. I tried vodka with fresh orange which felt too heavy so that got left....I tried vodka with lime which was nasty so that got left....I tried a glass of wine which just didnt taste right so that got left. I ended up just having a glass of still mineral water and going home early cos my stomach felt a bit strange!!:sigh::sigh::sigh:
Has anyone else gone off alchohol since their surgery or can I have some suggestions of what drinks might be nice and easy to go down??
I'm going to a hen do in 4 weeks and would like to at least feel I am joining in with 1 drink!!

hi im liking vodka and cranberry and cocktails of many kinds when im out with the girls but i know what you mean about wine it tasted too acidy for me and i used to drink it all the time shots have still gone down well for special occasions haha xxheather

Have you tried Vodka with J2O at all thats quite nice and refreshing and you can drown the vodka in it and get 2 drinks out of the one bottle, i had 2 vodka's last week at my brother in laws celebration of life and i really enjoyed them, i wasnt drunk like everyone else was but felt as if i was part of it. Good luck with finding a tipple that you like and enjoy and enjoy your hen night out :) X

Just be careful with J20 as they have sugar in them so if your prone to dumping with sugar be careful.

I was a cider drinker pre-op and would not touch vodka - now it is the opposite...love vodka especially with orange or pineapple or apple juice :D

Sally

I never drank wine pre op, now its pretty much all i drink :) Make sure your drinking a decent wine, a Semillion/Chardonny is always a winner, even thinks like Pinot Grigio are a bit dry/sharp for me.....

I will have the odd vodka with grapefruit but i am a vodka snob so only like certain vodkas!

If i am drinking soft drinks in the pub i drink J20, yes there is sugar in it but ive never had an issue with dumping on them! Get one from tesco and drink it at home before u go out, so you will know :)

I cant drink Cranberry, makes me dump like crazy!

:)

Mark and Salski - dream of being slim is a bander so no fear of dumping.

I have found that since my band my taste in wine has changed - anything to acidy is a no no for me now. Im not suggesting you go through the shelf at tesco's but maybe try one a little drier or a little sweeter than you had before your band and see how you get on. My fav at the moment is sauvignon blanc - much drier than I would of had before my band. I also alternate between wine and mineral water with ice and a slice when im out so that im not taking in too many calories.

I like vodka too but could not drink it with j20, they are too sweet for my tastebuds. Some of them are very sickly, my 7 year old daughter loves them! my provider said im fine to have the odd slim line tonic but must add ice which apparently gets rid of some of the fizz. Check with yours, they may say its ok to have the odd one too!

Maz x :D

White wine seems to be ok for me. However, had a glass of champagne at Gail's birthday bash last night and that certainly didn't agree with me - I think I sweated a pint and half of water!
As you're a bander the J2O should be okay for you but I couldn't risk it.
Enjoy your Hen Do - they are such fun and a little tipple is a must!

Lx

Sorrrry didnt read you were a bander! Go for the J20 for sure then :)

Never thought of Baileys! What a great idea xxx

I solved the problem by quiting drinking alcohol full stop, if I'm out any fruit type drink is fine for me. I try to stick to diet stuff but that's not easy in pub's etc unless you drink fizzy drinks which I don't drink.

I'm gonna be a bander and take it that my Alcohol options are limited. Im thinking of vodka and flat sugar free redbull . They are doing a lot of slush puppies with Vodka in nigh clubs now so ones of those my last me the whole night.

I think bailey is really calorific for what it is and it will just slide through the band

I'm quite relieved that alcohol is not an issue for me. I've never been bothered, am the person who would rather drive to a night out and not worry about waiting for taxis etc than have a drink.

I know not having sweet things is something i'll have to fight in my head but am working through that right now, finding alternates that make me feel like i've had a pudding without the calories or fat.

love n light xx

WOW! Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I've got a few options now that I can try.
Has anyone tried a fizzy drink and if so what happens? The only reason I ask is that I only have a minimal splash in my vodka anyway so not sure if I would get away with it or would it make me ill....

I'm a bander but I don't drink alcohol. I would if I could stand the taste and cope with the hangovers lol. J20 are lovely so with a shot (or 2) of vodka sounds nice. If you find you want your vodka and coke then have one. Vodka with diet coke and lots of ice. The ice flattens the coke so no fizz. Good luck and enjoyxx

Back