• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bander to Bypasser - I'm moving to the other side!

I have to say that I regret not having the bypass in the first place, and if I had the money I would go for the band removal/bypass tomorrow morning no quiestion about it!! I have PCOS and think that this slows down the weight loss with a band, I have a really good restriction as I have 7.5mls in a 10ml band but have only lost 2 stone in 3 months, lately its about 1lb per 2 weeks I am loseing...very disappointing.

Oh well at least its 2 stone in the right direction and slow loss is better than no loss...good luck xxx

So happy this was posted as I was sure it was the band I wanted, just seemed less invasive and frankly 'easier' considering I have to fly back to Ireland from the UK after surgery.

I was thinking of the money, how much time my mum (who would be with me) would be away from the rest of family etc

All the wrong reasons, I have done EVERYTHING to lose weight and it has got too much for me now mentally and physically.

Most people lose weight and get more active but with me having M.E becoming a gym bunny is unlikely.

I am also terrified of being in N.Ireland something going wrong with the band and having nowhere to turn...kept brushing that question off when asked but it does scare me.

I go to see Mr Somers at the end of September and I think I will be more interested in the bypass...will obviously see what he thinks but I don't want to spend £6000 and in a year feeling I should have spent the extra £3000 0r £4000 for the bypass.

Scary but as I said to family I don't have a life, I hate how I look and I am so unhappy. Also the whole 'slider food' issue scares me, I don't eat a lot of sweet stuff as it is not in the house but I thought to myself...If I were locked in a shop for the night what aisle would I visit first and I realised it would be the sweet/pudding one and I would probably not move too far!

I know initially it will be a longer stay in Chichester, more money etc but I truly feel it will be worth it in the long term.

I would just like to thank you all for your kind words and encouragement - it really means alot.

Indianlight - all the best for next week, I will be thinking of you.

Although the band has not worked out for me, I would like to emphasise that this is rare. There are loads of people who have done incredibly well with the band and have lost stacks of weight.
x

P.S Do you think I should ask my surgeon for my band when he removes it?! Is that too gross? I'm just intrigued!

Hey. I had my band about 4 years ago and had a conversion to bypass 3 and a half weeks ago. If you want any info/ just to chat give me a shout! I am like you in that really I should have had this operation in the first place rather than the band. Good luck!!!!

Good luck with your Bypass chucks.

i just wanted to wish you the best of luck, it must have been a hard decision to change tackticks but im sure you will be feeling the benefits soon. :)

Hey. I had my band about 4 years ago and had a conversion to bypass 3 and a half weeks ago. If you want any info/ just to chat give me a shout! I am like you in that really I should have had this operation in the first place rather than the band. Good luck!!!!

Hi Fuze

Thank you - that's really kind. How are you feeling? Did you get that lump sorted where your port was removed?
x

Back