• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders... Daily changes in the band?

coralie

How is it some days my band feels tight, other days looser?...What contributes to this? Hydration?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

...Is there the 'Dummies' guide to Bands?! :)

Hi Coralie

Any form of stress or anxiety seem to make mine seem tighter. Also mine is tighter in the morning (?) and just before TOTM.

So I put it down to changes in emotions and hormones - just the usual then eh!

Maz

mines tighter with stress also

I always struggle in a morning whether it be weetabix or toast. Stress is a major factor in the tightening of the band so try relaxing and taking your time with your food. I still have to vomit every day to fetch back food that has stuck as I stress knowing its going to get stuck. I have 6.75 ml in my 9ml band so pretty good restriction but not losing any weight.xxx

Thank you for your help girls!

So, emotions effect the band, rather than physical changes? Its a bizarre bit of equipment isn't it?

I have good restiction now- breakfast has to be liquid at the moment, so either a slimfast of milky coffee.

I only recently had a fill, and as with the other fills, the level of restriction did mellow over time, i guess some swelling goes down?

I'm happy with my level of restriction...just having to get my head around going from a real 'meat eater' to practically a vegetarian, as i'm not coping well with meat.

How many calories do you guys aim for each day?
I have been a low carber for what seems like forever...meat/veg/egg/cheese...now that my diet has changed dramatically i was wondering what my ball park figure should be? I'm around 1200 at the moment.

Have a good weekend ladies. :)

I have been on the pill for years and wanted to give my body a break...so only had one period whilst having the band.
....I'm still yet to experience a period with restriction. :(

i hadn`t had a period for 2 yrs b4 my band cause of pcos and losing weight brought them back with a vengence lol i have a major craving for sweet stuff still the week b4 though xxh

Same for me - band very tight in the mornings or if under stress and at TOTM. If I am anxious about being in a restaurant it can get quite embarrassing as people think I don't like the food. X

A day after my TOM started, my band was nowhere near as tight!
I'm able to now eat all food groups and even manage breakfast!

Heather, my sugar cravings were out of control!! Lots of hot chocolate to keep me sane!

Hi coralie,

I'm struggling to get breakfast down me at the mo too so am also having slimfasts for brekkie but I think its a godd thing anyway cos there's lots of vits in them. Can't manage meat and since my last fill am struggling with fish as well. I seem to manage sloppy cottage pie some days and others can't eat half of one, strange isn't it.

What an interesting post.

My band gets restriction at the funniest times and at the moment I don't even have any fill in it. I think stress is a major factor. Also the transfer from liquid to solids needs to be gradual throughout the day.

My restriction always demishes around night time , however throughout my post op WLS experience I have realised that somedays something will get restricted and on another day the same thing will slide right through.

Thankfully im still losing even without my first fill, however I had a retching moment this week and I'm dreading to think that these may happen more often when I'm filled up.

What an interesting post.

My band gets restriction at the funniest times and at the moment I don't even have any fill in it. I think stress is a major factor. Also the transfer from liquid to solids needs to be gradual throughout the day.

My restriction always demishes around night time , however throughout my post op WLS experience I have realised that somedays something will get restricted and on another day the same thing will slide right through.

Thankfully im still losing even without my first fill, however I had a retching moment this week and I'm dreading to think that these may happen more often when I'm filled up.

Hi, dont worry Im a good few months post band and have never been sick or even retched. I like Coralie have had a slow and steady pattern of fills which Im sure has helped with this side of things but not so much on the weight loss.

Having said that I would rather be slow and steady than being sick all the time.

As you have said you can feel when your band is tighter just work with it and you will be fine! :D

hi girls im having a funny week with my band i have just started my totm and the last 4 days i have had absolutley no restriction i have craved sweet stuff and could eat loads more than normal where as usually im more restricted the week b4 i got weighed yesterday and i had put 4 lbs on got up this morning and my period had arrived and the 4lbs dissapeared very strange !!! hormones what a nightmare ! xxh

Heather, I bloated with water alot before my period too...which then vanished the day i started. This didn't really happen before the band. I was so bloated that i considered that i might be pregnant!

I have a really horrid cough/cold/sore throat at the moment and my band feels really tight.
I have had a coughing fit after eating and slime exploded out of me! Very unsettling! :(

Yummy warm drinks is the way forward!

My cold peaked the last couple of days and i had a rough time with a tighter than normal band...I have woken up this morning alot brighter and my band has settled down too.

Be careful with meds...I felt dreadful and realised that i probably wasn't lining my stomach well enough and topped up with milky coffee and slimfasts and felt alot better.

I was taking fizzy paracetamol with warm water...bizarre combination!..But worked! :)

Indeed i do. I'm not your avarage bander!
9cc band can go up to a maximum of 11ml...it takes into consideration fluid in the tube leading up to the band.
I'm an exception really, as most banders seem to get good restriction around 4ml-5ml.

Back