• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

unsuccessful band

SuperstarAnge

Hi can anyone advise me. had a band over 3 years ago and I am now frustrated at my lack of weight loss which is minimal. wished I had gone for bypass but didn't as my daughter was having nightmares that I had died so didn't want to worry her. what are the options for further wls at sunderland royal, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SuperstarAnge

unsuccessful band aHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi can anyone please advice me, had a band over 3 years ago at sunderland royal and although initially lost some weight have put some back on but very frustrated at lack of weight loss, I wish I had gone for the bypass but my daughter was having nightmares that I would die on the operating table so the band was less of a serious operation, want to ask if I can have a conversion - anyone have any experiences of this and could advise me.

Sashie1977

I had my conversions done privately so I'm not sure how the NHS works. I think there is a poster called moomoo on here who has a band but is waiting for a bypass on the NHS.

Good luck xx

top_kat

Firstly, what have you done with your current provider in terms of sorting out the issues with the band? Have they not investigated the restriction and fill levels to see if there's any issue? Have they worked with you in terms of a dietician with eating etc to see if they can get the band doing what it should be? :)

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
Back to your provider for dietician advise.

Back to basics with eating plans.

Track on MFP?

Upgrade to a sleeve or bypass. My surgeon stated to me that it is an upgrade. There is one further upgrade but only done exceptionally and that's a DS.

Good luck. See if you can make it work before you rip it out.

top_kat

First thing would be approaching your provider of your band to seek help, advice and a return to basics. Looking at where you are with your fills, restriction and working on what you have before changing over.

JO28172

The band does do its job but to make it successful we have to change our diet...like it or not...go back to basics, high protein low carb is the key
I'm back losing after having had a baby, the band only stops us gorging but if we choose to not eat eat the right things then we won't lose....sad fact but true....you can turn it around
Happy to help if you want.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Last edited by a moderator:

moomoo1

I have a slipped band that im having removed and reverting to bypass im lucky that its being done on the nhs . it depends why your band is failing you as to what will be done nhs route private route they will be happy to revise you to sleeve or bypass but firstly you really need to look at why band not worked because bypass and sleeve can also fail eventually if you don't change what you do

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
We have a number of members here who are sunderland patients. Wether or not revision surgery is offered I suspect will be on a case by case basis.

Have you kept up with your aftercare and dietician appointments?

I would think your first port of call would be to discuss this with a member of the team.

lyturt

Hi can anyone advise me. had a band over 3 years ago and I am now frustrated at my lack of weight loss which is minimal. wished I had gone for bypass but didn't as my daughter was having nightmares that I had died so didn't want to worry her. what are the options for further wls at sunderland royal, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You can have revision surgery from band to bypass I had it 13 years ago at Sunderland you will have a larger pouch than if you'd had bypass straight off but I lost over 7 stone with bypass not sure what criteria is now but worth asking good luck