• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banders - how easily can you feel your port?

Red 42

novice bypasser
Hi Bandits

how easily can you feel your port?

Do you have to really press on to feel it or can you feel it just by lying your hand on top of the area where you know it is situated?

I just have to skim my hand over the surface of the skin to feel mine and am becoming a little obsessed/paranoid that I can feel it too easily.

it's almost 2 weeks since I had my port replaced and as the swelling has settled, it's constantly on my mind that something could go wrong again :sigh:

just want some reassurance :wave_cry:

I have to have a 'light firm' press to feel mine - but am ALWAYS touching it cos it feels weird lol!

Mine is really easy to feel. It seems quite big. A few weeks ago I thought it was a bad breast lump, but in the middle. It is the port and the baraiatric nurse said it was fine. x

Hi,

If I am sitting up and run my hand over I cannot feel it, when I apply a little pressure I can.

When I am lying down and I run my hand over the area its immediately there, like half a walnut shell under my skin. If I apply a little pressure I can feel the flat side where the fills go in.

And yes, I fiddle with mine too...LOL

i can feel mine instantly as its situated on the breastbone so its just under the skin i can also feel the tube under the port.

i can feel mine instantly as its situated on the breastbone so its just under the skin i can also feel the tube under the port.

I could feel the tube on my first port but haven't so far with this one....I also feel it more when I've eaten or drank and think I can feel internal stitches pricking against my skin.

think I'm losing the plot :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Hi Yvonne,

Mine is situated directly next to my belly button and sticks out so only have to run my finger over it and its hard to touch. Feel a bit self conscious as if I get onto a relationship and they put their hand there its going to cause them to ask the question 'what's that'?!!! Also got the longish prt scar dierectly above my belly button which I was disappointed with, was hoping it would be on my side or breastbone. Am going to feel self concious in a bikini and it will probably provoke questions from my family (who don't know I've got a band) of what the scar is!

Where is your port situated Yvonne??

the port scar is directly below my breast bone and the port itself is directly below and slightly to the right of the scar.

does anyone feel it when they turn over in bed? I'm guessing this is normal with it being stitched to the abdominal muscle.

I'm just a worrier :eek:

Hi Yvonne,

Mine is situated directly next to my belly button and sticks out so only have to run my finger over it and its hard to touch. Feel a bit self conscious as if I get onto a relationship and they put their hand there its going to cause them to ask the question 'what's that'?!!! Also got the longish prt scar dierectly above my belly button which I was disappointed with, was hoping it would be on my side or breastbone. Am going to feel self concious in a bikini and it will probably provoke questions from my family (who don't know I've got a band) of what the scar is!

Hi Judy

I had a fitting for a new bra today and the lady thought I'd had a gall bladder op. I told her what I'd had done and she was amazed :eek: I know for sure I won't ever be able to wear a bikini, but just to be happy in a one piece cossy without wondering who's looking at me will be nice :)

Hope you had a lovely birthday btw...did you do anything nice for your 40th?

Back