• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

"Can you feel the port??"

grom

Slim for 2009
:D:D:D:D:D:D
Hi all banders out there!
Have just been re reading my info about banding before I go for my consultation and a thought just struck me - can you see feel the port thingy under your skin where the doc does the fills???
:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Probably a real dorky question but everyone does keep saying there is no such thing as a stupid question!!
:wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry:
Thanks !!

Simple answer is.....

Yes you can. I call it my second belly button, my new "outy" and its cool as it reminds me I had the surgey done. it doesn't visibly stick out but when you run your hand over it it does. I reckon when I am thinner it will show more.

ewwww
I really hadn't considered that before! Does it stay there even when you have finished having fills? Does it get in the way of anything??

The port is stictched to your muscles so yes it is there for good.

Its not visible....only you will know its there or those who you chose to share it with.

Its like a little hard lump...nothing gross.

lol thanks!
How are you finding it?
I keep wavering between band and surgery!!

I love the fact I just cannot stuff myself but still enjoy food. I have tried anything and everything and luckily so far had no mishaps.

I used to eat massive portions, that was my main problem but now I am side plate Sally.

The only thing that is annoying me now is I seem to be on a plateaux but that happens with any kind of weightloss so I am being patient and letting things adjust, if I haven't lost anything in by Christmas I will speak to my surgeon again about another fill.

I think band will prob be best for me as surgery just feels too drastic but I have a little niggle (well fairly big actually) that I've failed so many times in the past that this just might not work for me. I'm at WW at the mo and see the band as helping me to continue to lose weight in a healthy controlled way, rather than the holy grail of dieting!

i have to proper push around to find my port once it all healed you wont know its there unless you prode it and it just like having a pea size bump under the skin

i have to proper push around to find my port once it all healed you wont know its there unless you prode it and it just like having a pea size bump under the skin
Thanks Mrs
I had visions of an alien - type situation going on under my skin!!
How are you doing with your band?? :109:
Hey I just found a reindeer for you!
xx

Its definitely not the Holy Grail, more like the horses that can carry you there.

The band will work if you work with the band. Its easy to cheat, very easy but if you are already doing weightwatchers then you are halfway there.

I know the bypass works well, very well, I have a mate called Tony who lost 11stone in the first year and now is fine but he had problems and that put me off. That was my personal experience so it cannot be used to decide any one elses journey.

I feel perfectly normal and healthy now, thats 8 weeks down the line, I have my energy back and feel ready to face the future.

If it takes a longer journey to be who I want to be, then so be it.

Even though at times (like now) I feel frustrated...LOL

my port is between my boobs on the breast bone and i can feel it instantly which makes it easy to do a fill, but the downside of it being there is it sits right where the underwires on my bra meets and rubbs a little.

liz

my port is between my boobs on the breast bone and i can feel it instantly which makes it easy to do a fill, but the downside of it being there is it sits right where the underwires on my bra meets and rubbs a little.

liz
Thanks Liz
How come it is so high up? Is that usual?
I am finding out all sorts of interesting things today!

Thanks Liz
How come it is so high up? Is that usual?
I am finding out all sorts of interesting things today!

hi grom my 1st port was on the left under my rib cage, i had no problems with it there, but when i had my 2nd op they said they put all ports in the chest now as theres been to many port flipps, as its on the breast bone now it cant turn now as its jammed between the bone and skin.

liz

Thanks Liz
makes me feel a bit queasy thinking about having a 'thing' under my skin but hey - it will all be worth it in the end!!

all surgeons are diferent, and have preferences where they like to place ports.

liz

all surgeons are diferent, and have preferences where they like to place ports.

liz

thanks Liz - will have to find out where mine wants to put my little alien!! :eek:

Where abouts are you in the NE Liz? I went to Uni up there many years ago and still go back up there a fair bit as I love it.

thanks Liz - will have to find out where mine wants to put my little alien!! :eek:

Where abouts are you in the NE Liz? I went to Uni up there many years ago and still go back up there a fair bit as I love it.

im right between newcastle & sunderland, im not far from the sunderland dog track, i do support newcastle united tho lol:D

My port isnt visible, but I can feel it under the skin when I rub my hand across my stomach...I am very squeemish and Hubby thinks its great asking me to feel "his port" Lol!!!!
Mine has moved a little too since having the operation and I have been told this is normal as I have "less subcontaneous fat"...yes, I asked the consultant to repeat that one as it sounded so good to hear!!! Lol

My port is under my rib cage on the left. I can feel it but you wouldn't know its there unless you feel the skin and only my partner is allowed to do that lol.
Regards R

Thanks everyone - am lookin forward to adopting my little alien!!

Back