• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

banished the scales from the house!!!

pmkmrm

:sigh: hi everyone am i the only one obessed with the scales??? honestly it is becoming a worry. i get on them at least 4 times a day and my whole surgical weightloss is controlled by them. i know that they are an important tool but it is hindering my enjoyment. i was told by the dieticain that the average weightloss is a stone a month!! there is no way i can achieve this although i am doing bl88dy fantatically if i may say so. jumping on the scales bring me back into the negative diet mentallity mode of thinking and not achieveing the st. a month benchmark makes me feel i'm failing even though i am not. soooo i have banished them to the shed and if i need to weigh i'll go to boots annd i am going to gage my success by dress sizes instead. maybe in a couple of month the scales will lose their hold over me but for now they are gone.
thanks for letting me waffle on.
love kate xxxx

hi i must confess i am also a slave to the scales but i decided yesterday that i would wean myself off them and only get weighed 2 times a week instead of 4 times a day xxheather

very early days for me i'm only a week post op and stood on the scales for the 1st time today. It is probably totally natural to want to keep standing on the scales but i'm like you and going to judge by my clothes and try not to stand on the scales too often well that's the theory anyway ha ha x

Kate there was a thread about scales before and I think nearly all of us were scaleaholics.......lol.
The thing is our weight fluctuates hour to hour due to internal fluids etc. did you know your body produces more than five litres a day to cope with digestion and body excrement, or poo and wee.........lol.
so no wonder our weight is all over the place.
I have promised myself that as soon as I have my bypass, the scales go in the bin, no messing, and I will go to boots every week and weigh myself, which is a much healthier option, as I have seen people devastated because they have not lost or because they think they have gained, and havent.
I dont want to put myself through that as it will be hard enough, also during the first few weeks the body can go into starvation mode, where it thinks it is not getting food, as we are on fluids only, and so it stores whatever we give it and sometimes that causes a slight weight increase, or no weight loss, but the body soon catches up, and we know if we eat a proper healthy diet and DONT CHEAT we will lose weight.
Also dont get hung up on this is what I should be losing a week/month everyone is different and we will all lose at different speeds, and probably everyone at some time will plateau and not lose any for a week, but dont worry it seems people miraculously lose inches at this time.
So dont worry we are all paranoid about our weight which sometimes makes me wonder how we end up obese, but hey thats a whole different mine field.
You are doing brilliantly, so just keep doing what you are doing and ditch the scales. Good luck.

Jay xx

I did not own any scale until a few days before I had my bypass and i thought oooooo ill get some and then just weigh myself once a month or twice a month just to keep track of things and then ill know my weight loss is accurate as they will be on the same scales and I dont always have time to go to boots to do it........BIG MISTACKE!!! So far I have been on them about 3 times a day since surgery and it is so bad for me. Yesterday they said I had put a pound on!!! WHAT! i have lived on water and soup for the last 2 weeks! NO WAY! I think I was just obsessing so I am not going to get on them now till the 3rd of September which is one month since surgery! I make this pact to myself! Everyone else join in with the pact if you want! Dont be self distructive!!!!

well done all on ditching the scales :)though I have visions of Kate running through the garden to get to the shed and the scales lol.

I have a pair sat behind the sink pedestal and they stay there, I only go on them once a week and thats bloody good for me, I have willpower to stay off the scales every day but dont have the willpower to stop feeding my face! Go figure:rolleyes:

All this talk of obsessive use of the scales is ridiculous. You all just need to get a grip of yourselves, I personally don't find any need to weigh myself more than three or four times a day :D :cry: :eek:

I love my sales!!!
I weigh everyday and nothing will stop me doing that. It was not having scales that meant I didn't know how much weight I was putting on.

Just anyone try and take my scales off me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still hate getting weighed so I stick to once a month on my gp's scales, they always seem to be kind to me lol. I got weighed in boots last week and they were'nt kind at all lol. they said I was 5'2" when I'm actually 5'6" and that I weighed 16stone 13lbs when I'm actually 16stone 6lbs. A few lbs difference ok but half a stone there's no way. So back to the gp in a fortnight and see what his kind scales sayxx

I still hate getting weighed so I stick to once a month on my gp's scales, they always seem to be kind to me lol. I got weighed in boots last week and they were'nt kind at all lol. they said I was 5'2" when I'm actually 5'6" and that I weighed 16stone 13lbs when I'm actually 16stone 6lbs. A few lbs difference ok but half a stone there's no way. So back to the gp in a fortnight and see what his kind scales sayxx

I know that feeling well :eek: my stupid scales weigh me half a stone difference each time I get on the bloody things....argh!

In the begining when i first had my Op, i would weigh myself every single day and Most days it was good because i was losing, but the days were i stayed the same peed me off, But I have to say I love my scales lol and especially the numbers i see 8 months on.I still weigh myself most mornings but on the odd ocasion don't bother, but I do lourve my scales and could never be without them.

Hi pmk

Nice to meet a fellow "foggy head" just had a quick read up on your posts. I will have to catch up with you again as i'm off on a couple of days break with family today.

So take care and STAY AWAY FROM YOUR SCALES. :devilangel:

If I'm being good and eating correctly then I'm a total slave to my scales, if I know I'm being bad then I stay away from them like they have the plague.

I've made a promise to myself since I started my new regime (only yesterday I might add) that I'm not going to stand on the scales for two weeks!! If that happens its going to be a miracle but I've never experienced the joy of getting on after a long period of time and finding I've lost half a stone - daily weighing can be depressing when things don't go the way you want them to - at least over 2 weeks or a month you should see a significant change - I'm hoping anway lol

Back