• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Barenaked noodles and Slim Pasta

I have the slim noodles from time to time, i dont like the pasta. The noodles are just about edible & very low carb.

I would imagine they would be fine as they're mostly water, but probably best to ask your dietitian.

Just FYI, the noodles are just Shiritaki noodles that you can get from any oriental market, if you have one near you. They're usually in the fridges in a pouch of water and considerably cheaper than the branded kind!

Make sure you wash, wash, wash them though. I don't know what liquid they're packed in, but it STINKS! Luckily, once they're washed well, there's no icky smell or taste left.

I had these ALL the time when I was on Atkins. They took a while to get used to the texture, but I now actually prefer them to regular noodles as they are pretty much tasteless, and just take on the flavour of the sauce you put them in :)

I wondered about those, but I've been avoiding them for my pre-op diet, but thinking of using them after I'm healed. Let us know how you find the noodles!

Back