• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Missy’s Journey!

Wow! Amazing before and afters. Your back and waist have gone down dramatically. I hope your weight loss slows to what you want it to be at maintenance.

Wow! Amazing before and afters. Your back and waist have gone down dramatically. I hope your weight loss slows to what you want it to be at maintenance.
Thank you. I had a tummy tuck 11 years ago so when I regained weight it goes on my back!

You look amazing wow well done you how long ago was ur opp i have read ur journey but ive read that many i carnt remeber whos who ...well done bet ur so proud of urself xx

You look amazing wow well done you how long ago was ur opp i have read ur journey but ive read that many i carnt remeber whos who ...well done bet ur so proud of urself xx
Hi, it’s just over 5 months since my op. Thank you x

Thank you. I had a tummy tuck 11 years ago so when I regained weight it goes on my back!
When I had my MDT there was a lady who was going for surgery too and she’d had a tummy tuck previously then gained weight again, all her weight this time had settled on her bum and she said that once you’ve had that done the weight cannot go back on that tummy because all of the “fat cells” have been removed, I wondered if this was true so reading your post made me think it is true, we’re you told the same reason why ? Xx

When I had my MDT there was a lady who was going for surgery too and she’d had a tummy tuck previously then gained weight again, all her weight this time had settled on her bum and she said that once you’ve had that done the weight cannot go back on that tummy because all of the “fat cells” have been removed, I wondered if this was true so reading your post made me think it is true, we’re you told the same reason why ? Xx
Hi, yes it is supposed to be true. You do still gain an element of weight back there but most goes elsewhere x

6 months ...
I’ve been a busy bee lately so not been on here as much. I am now 12st 2 and have finally reached 5 stone and a healthy BMI of 25.0. I go away 3 weeks today and I’m hoping to get the final 2lb off and reach 12 stone before I go. I’m going to be away for just over 3 weeks. I’ve never been away that long before and that’s because of my weight and I’m a bit of a home bird! On a 2 week holiday, I usually gain around 2 stone! My week at Easter saw a maintain, which was my first post op holiday. The holiday gains are the reason (along with Xmas gain) that my weight has been so erratic. I go away 2-3 times a year. After each gain, I would have to do a VLCD until the next holiday to get it off. Then after being so strict to eating what I want on holiday, I would pile the weight on. It has been a miserable existence and a cycle that my mind and body are relieved to be relinquished from!
I’ve had a bit of a battle with my bloods. Long story short, the correct bloods weren’t taken and luckily I was suspicious of this and asked for a breakdown when I was told my bloods had come back fine. I could’ve left that and taken it as all is ok. However, they had only tested full bloods and B12... no iron, U&Es, LFT, calcium etc. So, after my third trip to the DRs, I was told my liver function test has shown slightly high bilirubin levels and I have to have the test repeated. I had also noticed very light coloured stools, almost like a light clay colour. The two seemed to be linked and can show problems with the biliary system (gall bladder etc). The stools seem to have become a little darker now so I’m hoping it is all returning to normal. I will be re-tested in a couple of weeks.
My 11-year-old KC Cavalier died last Sunday and I’ve been devastated. I’ve had a big loss in appetite but not sure if it’s stress or the hot weather. I really have no desire to eat (more so than normal). Hope you’re all doing well. I will catch up with reading on here today!

Firstly
6 months ...
I’ve been a busy bee lately so not been on here as much. I am now 12st 2 and have finally reached 5 stone and a healthy BMI of 25.0. I go away 3 weeks today and I’m hoping to get the final 2lb off and reach 12 stone before I go. I’m going to be away for just over 3 weeks. I’ve never been away that long before and that’s because of my weight and I’m a bit of a home bird! On a 2 week holiday, I usually gain around 2 stone! My week at Easter saw a maintain, which was my first post op holiday. The holiday gains are the reason (along with Xmas gain) that my weight has been so erratic. I go away 2-3 times a year. After each gain, I would have to do a VLCD until the next holiday to get it off. Then after being so strict to eating what I want on holiday, I would pile the weight on. It has been a miserable existence and a cycle that my mind and body are relieved to be relinquished from!
I’ve had a bit of a battle with my bloods. Long story short, the correct bloods weren’t taken and luckily I was suspicious of this and asked for a breakdown when I was told my bloods had come back fine. I could’ve left that and taken it as all is ok. However, they had only tested full bloods and B12... no iron, U&Es, LFT, calcium etc. So, after my third trip to the DRs, I was told my liver function test has shown slightly high bilirubin levels and I have to have the test repeated. I had also noticed very light coloured stools, almost like a light clay colour. The two seemed to be linked and can show problems with the biliary system (gall bladder etc). The stools seem to have become a little darker now so I’m hoping it is all returning to normal. I will be re-tested in a couple of weeks.
My 11-year-old KC Cavalier died last Sunday and I’ve been devastated. I’ve had a big loss in appetite but not sure if it’s stress or the hot weather. I really have no desire to eat (more so than normal). Hope you’re all doing well. I will catch up with reading on here today!

Firstly I’m so very sorry for your loss it’s heart breaking when we loose our four legged family I still get upset thinking of my little boy who I lost nov 2015 even though I still have his brother. Biggest hugs xx

Good on you for being persistent with your bloods you seem to be well informed keep on top of them hun

Congratulations on your fab weight loss you have done amazingly well since you WLS GOSH was only December. I’ve got everything crossed for you on your holiday the fact that you maintained at Easter should give you the confidence to just relax and enjoy yourself You have this thing nailed you can do it xxx

6 months ...
Well done and have a great holiday xx

Back