• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liver shrinking!

Wobbly71

Right I'm starting to panic after surfing the WWW.

I have explained in previous posts that I was told to just lose 5-7 pounds before operation on 1000 cal a day diet. I asked if I should do low carb and was told didn't matter.

I have been including slimfast (high carb) and exante (quite high carb), in my diet. ALong with cup a soups, tuna and ryvita chicken etc.

I am having band done on Tuesday so after today only have 3 days on the pre-op diet.

I have weighed on scales at work today and the difference since consultation (on their scales so don't know if any difference) is 5.5 pounds.

So I know I could drop another pound or so over the weekend but now I'm getting really worried as on a lot of sites it says you must shrink your liver and do this by low carb?????

So basically I want advice.

Do you think I should carry on with exante shakes, they are 200 cals a pack and 18.6 g of carbs, or would I be better doing just low carb.

For example, eggs for brekkie, tuna for lunch and chicken or fish for tea........

Any help and advice much appreciated.

I have emailed providor and the girl just says should be ok...

Thanks in advance x x

Right I'm starting to panic after surfing the WWW.

I have explained in previous posts that I was told to just lose 5-7 pounds before operation on 1000 cal a day diet. I asked if I should do low carb and was told didn't matter.

I have been including slimfast (high carb) and exante (quite high carb), in my diet. ALong with cup a soups, tuna and ryvita chicken etc.

I am having band done on Tuesday so after today only have 3 days on the pre-op diet.

I have weighed on scales at work today and the difference since consultation (on their scales so don't know if any difference) is 5.5 pounds.

So I know I could drop another pound or so over the weekend but now I'm getting really worried as on a lot of sites it says you must shrink your liver and do this by low carb?????

So basically I want advice.

Do you think I should carry on with exante shakes, they are 200 cals a pack and 18.6 g of carbs, or would I be better doing just low carb.

For example, eggs for brekkie, tuna for lunch and chicken or fish for tea........

Any help and advice much appreciated.

I have emailed providor and the girl just says should be ok...

Thanks in advance x x
hey honey, if your provider has said its ok to eat what you're eating, then you will be fine. Its always best to take the advice of your provider, so do that, good luck :) xxx

When you saw the consultant did he have a feel of your belly? I understand this is done to examine how tight the abdomen feels, mine did and I saw a video online recently which says this is to see if the liver needs a reduction diet.

I never got examined at my consultation? So not sure if they know how big my liver is ha ha x

does it go on your general health / start weight etc?

BMI was 44.

I dunno what to do?

Never seen a surgeon yet. Had a consultation with a lady who I think was a nurse, not sure. And a co-ordinator who I have emailed but she isn't medical.

Hope I'm worrying for nothing x

I wouldn't worry too much. As Caren says, stick with what your provider has OK'd.
I was surprised when my dietitian said I need not worry too much about the pre op diet as I am relatively young and healthy. Although I do have a BMI of 46! I was told to use the pre op diet plan I had been sent as a guide but mainly stay low carb. I also only have to follow this for 1 week. I was a bit disappointed to be honest as I am really ready to make a change, so I am sticking completely to their original pre op diet plan!

I think some providers have a standard pre op plan where as others seem to allow the dietitians to make a judgement call!

Good luck with the op! Mine is on friday x

Back