• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Barium test tomorrow

All moving in the right direction for them to get you sorted. All a.bit more positive now eh? Fingers crossed the nausea calms down now with the tablets x

Im sure they just make stuff up as they go along, one minute its a hernia next its a pouch!! Brilliant. Lets see what they find in September.. Good luck i hope you fell less sicky this week

Thanks all, I'm not that worried now I know I'm seeing the big boss Mr Mannur! There's no way I could have EVER lost 5 stone in 4 months without wls so I am just thrilled and grateful for this opportunity to have a healthy and happy life. I knew it wouldn't be easy and what's a little bit of throwing up in exchange for freedom from food? I'm happy and feeling blessed.

Thanks all, I'm not that worried now I know I'm seeing the big boss Mr Mannur! There's no way I could have EVER lost 5 stone in 4 months without wls so I am just thrilled and grateful for this opportunity to have a healthy and happy life. I knew it wouldn't be easy and what's a little bit of throwing up in exchange for freedom from food? I'm happy and feeling blessed.
Your positive attitude is amazing and will see you through xx

Here's my update...
I had an endoscopy on Friday and they thought they'd be able to stretch my asopogus with a balloon to fix it but it turns out my stomach has twisted in 2 places and healed in a backwards S when it should go straight down like a shoot.

This is making food get stuck and go through really slowly which is causing the vomiting and nausea. It's also all red and inflamed from alkaline reflux - a condition caused from stomach surgery...so I'm on medicine for that now but there's nothing they can do to my stomach without operating but there's not much there to operate with so might have to wait for a couple of years until it's stretched out a little... I'm seeing the surgeon again on Thursday to come up with a plan.

It's all a bit of a pain but now I have an answer so I guess that's good I just have to manage my symptoms by eating soft moist stuff and chewing like a maniac. So, no wheat for me - it expands too much inside my S shaped tummy...

Still don't regret a thing, sleeve was best thing I have ever done for myself. This isn't a set back, it's just an adjustment to my new way of life.

Oh poor you - I hope your surgeon can help xx

You are being so positive Stacey, it's really inspirational. Keep going.

all I can say is im glad you have an answer to this puzzle and lets all hope that the team behind you can continue to keep helping you

Stacey. You are so positive babe. I find your posts so informative and very inspirational...thanks for being here for us on this forum xx

Saw the surgeon yesterday and they've decided to leave my stomach as is for now as it's manageable and still early days. If I'm still being sick when I've lost all my weight or if it gets worse before then I will be reassessed. I'm relieved, I don't want more ops or anything for a long time!

Aww... That's good to hear!
I totally understand what you mean.... I wouldn't want another op to unless it was absolutely necessary.

Back