• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been and had my staples out today!

yorkshirelass74

Well, been and had me staples out today, and the sites hurt more than when i had them in! they are really sore, i am worried if i bend over me guts will fall out! (now that would be a good weight loss!)

I have got 6 cuts altogether, does anyone know what the 6 would have been for? I had a pretty big cut on my left hand side, far bigger than all the rest, and it is really indented too, with a big bruise around it.

The cuts are all the acesss points needed to get to your stomach.

You may have one up near your boobs, which they do to retract your liver, and the others are for the laprascopic tools required to do the surgery.

There are usually two surgeons working together, with two instruments one in each hand, that is why its common to have 5 but sometimes they need more light so will make more holes.

Yes i have got one right up between my boobs, i thought that was just cos the surgeon could have a peek at me knockers :D:rotflmao:

I had eight incisions ! The biggest is on the left and it was very lumpy for the first couple of weeks, but it's all flattened out now.

I had eight incisions ! The biggest is on the left and it was very lumpy for the first couple of weeks, but it's all flattened out now.
8?? blumming eckers! i thought six was enough, i was worried about drinking incase i sprung a leak like a collander!
the nurse said today that i have got lumpy scar tissue underneath, i will have to take her word for it, i am a bit squeamish and i aint touchin it!

I dunno what sounds worse, stitches, staples or glue :eek: One things for sure though, I'll be knackered with none of em :D x

I only had one wound, however it is between 8 n 10 inches long so i guess i didnt get shortchanged :)

For the first few weeks after i was afraid i'd burst open too, but i soon lost that fear! Luckily for me i have a very neat scar, and the novelty of bringing ALL the kids in the neighbourhood in my house to look at my scar has worn off for my children too :) Hallelujah x

I suppose glue looks neater, staples in skin just look so wrong! Its reminded me of Frankenstein, horrible.

Back