• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been approved for surgery today

Dell

Hi guys

I used to post on here many moons ago, but not of late and not very regularly. I really did not think I would EVER be approved for surgery but here I am :D

I have had a very easy journey so far - I simply spoke to my GP about it having tried everything else our health authority suggest (counselling, medication, CBT, exercise classes) with little or no effect and they wrote back and said YES!

I am guessing the rest of the journey will not be so straightforward, so while I await the official letter, I wondered what happens next, what are the time frames we are looking at for surgery to take place or is there somewhere on the site I can find all this information?

So hi all and expect me to be annoyingly inquisitive!!!

Dell
xxx

Fantasic news Dell.

When you say approved is that for funding or the MDT saying yes to surgery?

I like you have for the most part an easy journey. Its just the waiting, because I'm so impatient lol.

congrats.gif

hi pinky whats the mdt????? coz i have been aproved for funding and go to my assesment nxt week and im am very afraid the doc will say no to me i only hope he doesnt but im a lil worried now coz uv mentioned mdt and im not sure what this is could you let me knw please hun tar.

hi dell wow i bet your just as excited and prob worried like me lol im new here have only been on it a few days i think and love it and im always on asking questions and prob getin on peeps nerves lol but im sure these questions have been asked b4 and where not the first and certanily wint be the last look forward to speakin to you hun lin.x

Fantasic news Dell.

When you say approved is that for funding or the MDT saying yes to surgery?

I like you have for the most part an easy journey. Its just the waiting, because I'm so impatient lol.
Funding - first hurdle leaped over really! Our CTP is notoriously tight fisted, I work in the NHS and see problems daily, so am thrilled this part has been done so well.

I work with a surgeon who offers gastric balloons and he said he would offer me one in a heartbeat, but I don't want that option so have to go out of area slightly I believe, as I live in NE Lincs.

Excited and very scared right now! How far along are you? I too am very impatient lol

hi dell well im due my assesment next week on thu and from what ive been told when all my tests come back that is if nothing is wrong wid bloods and stuff which there shouldnt be i will then get asked to go back and see doc and get me diet sheets for pre op diet thats what ive been told by a women i knw who is in the same hosp as me so fingers xd i dont get refused by surgeon i cant see why i would like but im keepin everythn crossed whe i go i tell ya gud luck on your journey and may it be a quick one lin.x

Hi Dell,

Congratulations:happy096:, Where abouts are you having it done. I am at the start of my journey and I am being treated at St Richards, Chichester. I was approved by my health authority back in May :woohoo:and had my first appointment at the hospital with Guy Slater in July. It's a really friendly forum and everyone has been very welcoming to me and the advice is fantastic.

I have to have a Phsycololgy Consultation on the 25th this month :eek:and was quite worried but after reading all the comments on here I am relaxed about it all now.

I have also been watching the Fat Doctor on Discovery Health. It's very interesting and gives you a lot of information. I still don't know how much longer I will have to wait but the hospital did give me a tentative figure of 18 weeks from going on the list.

Take Care and Good luck

Paula XX

Funding - first hurdle leaped over really! Our CTP is notoriously tight fisted, I work in the NHS and see problems daily, so am thrilled this part has been done so well.

I work with a surgeon who offers gastric balloons and he said he would offer me one in a heartbeat, but I don't want that option so have to go out of area slightly I believe, as I live in NE Lincs.

Excited and very scared right now! How far along are you? I too am very impatient lol

I think for most, if test are ok and you have funding thing start to more.

I've got funding, not sure when it came through as I only found out by chance. It must of came through in the last week or two, as I last spoke to that department a fortnight ago. I should hopefully know on Monday when my op date is, the bariatric co-ordinator is back then.

Will you be seeing the surgeon again?

Congratulations Dell hope it happens as quickly as you want it

:happy096: xx

Thank you all!!! What a lovely welcome (back!) :D

I am feeling a little shell shocked now. I don't know of anyone in my area on here, that has had the op so no idea how things work from now on...

Back