• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been in hospital..

purplefluffything

Hi everyone, just an update, I'm waiting on a phone call from Lorna (Whittington) to get appointment with Mr Sufi as so we can arrange the next steps to surgery, I believe pre op test etc.
My worries are that I won't be strong enough as iv just come back out of hospital again due to problems with my morphine pump.
I was gravely unwell & now slowly slowly recovering.
My mind is in turmoil worrying about my health right now: I Have got to go back into hospital in two weeks to have major surgery to first remove then replace this worn old pump, I will be in hospital best part of a
week providing all goes straight forward, then home to recover again.
I'm so worried that my wls surgery will have to be put off till the new yr. In a way I think this will be better for me as I feel I don't
have any energy.
I'm just so mixed up so depressed at being ill in hospital yet again.
I know due to the complications I have with my health Mr sufi needs extra staff for my surgery which is comforting to know I'm being very well looked after.
I just feel shattered mentally & body.
I want to get into the right mind for wls how I was feeling before this last hospital admission, I want to feel excited again but now I'm feeling scared & do not want to be sick & ill again , all my veins collapsed & blocked, I had to have a main line in the neck it was the only way to get any iv's or fluids into me! I'm sorry just repeating myself. Just want to feel more positive about this wls again..
I'm scared of being ill, I need to get this pump surgery done & see what happens..
Thank you for listening xxx

Just want to send you some BIG ((( hugs ))) xxx

Hope you are feeling better soon, lots of hugs, Karen x

Sorry to hear you've been unwell again! It's turning into a vicious cycle for you, you poor lady. Here's hoping your strength rebuilds for both your ops. You know your time is coming, its just a matter of when xx

Aw you poor thing, youve really had a tough time of it! I hope you start to feel better soon and get some positivity back for the WLS (HUGS) X

o nooo i hope your ll be feeling more yourself soon, you ve been through so much! im wishing you speedy health recovery and back on track to feeling more you soon xxx

Update..

Evening, firstly thank you all for the wonderful caring words of comfort & also the continued support .... XxxX
I was at hospital all day today having investigations on my morphine pump!
It was found what my consultant knew & that is the pump has come to the end of it's life so now am booked for my operation to replace the pump on 13th sept so not long.
Consultant thinks part of the catherter maybe
blocked so this may have to also be replaced which means longer operation! He is hoping it's not going to be & will be straight forward but can't rule out
the possibility of a blockage.
I feel very weak I'm only moving from recliner to bed, bed to recliner & feel dizzy & drained due to the huge amounts of oral opiates and emetics I'm taking.
I've lost quite a lot of weight this past few weeks due to withdrawral sickness & no appetite.
At least I now have a plan & a goal which for me is to get my pain pump surgery sorted get my pain back under control then I can concentrate my thoughts back to my next big step in my life WLS I'm still very confused about it, I'm even wondering if they will still operate if iv lost too much weight?
I think I would be happy to wait until early new yr for wls I def need to regain my strength & don't feel so unwell as I do now..
Again thank you for your kind words & wisdom.
Love & hugs to u all xxx

All the very best of everything on it's way to you Diana, I am lighting my healing candle for you tonight and do hope you will feel some love and comfort on it's way to you...
Hoping for better days for you very soon.
Much love, Bev xxx

Back