• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been quite SICKLY the past couple of days...YUK

emma-louise

my new life!!
Hi all..

I thought Id pop online,as the past couple of days Ive been quite sickly..not sure why..
Thought I was lucky and got away with having no sickness..but HEY its my turn.
I hope it passes...Is this quite normal to have a few sickly days and then return to feeling ok.
Ive hardly been able to eat much.
Hoping next week Ill be back to normal..
xxx

Reactions: Bev
Aww Em. I wondered where you were... how are you doing with your weightloss Angel?

Love and hugs as always to you xxx

hi bev,

Im going to weigh myself on monday at boots,as Im doing it every 2 weeks.
Ive come from 19.3,and im now 16.13..very happy!!

You are doing great! Im sorry you have been a bit sickly, I get it now and again but only slightly, I think Ive been lucky. I am a bit of a coward though when it comes to trying things so maybe thats why lol XX

That is a fantastic loss... I imagine you are starting to feel so much better Em.... well done Angel! xxx

lol...jacqui,
your not a coward,,your careful!
but I would honestly say..dont be scared,as the rule they give us about the sugar/fat grams per 100g is just a guide.
I needed something to give me energy the other teatime,as Ive been so weak and tired(booked in for blood test finally)WELL I had...a hollands pudding,just that on its own and it went down a treat!
Its not something I ever eaten before the operation,and I wont make a habit of it.
But on this occasion I needed to eat something to help my energy levels and I was ok xx

im glad your starting to feel a bit better em. i dont know why, but i sometimes feel sicky too, for no apparant reason, i just lie down when it happens to me, but then i do need to lie down a fair bit anyway. its usually a one off thing with me, i mean it dosnt go on for days, it normally wears off within a couple of hours, or if i have a sleep. how long after the pudding did the sicklyness begin, if it was afew hours, it could be the suet pastry was a bit much for you. if it was more than say 24 hours, id say it was probably unrelated. you could have picked up a bit of a bug, hopefully youll be ok now huni. i must admit i had a pudding a few months ago, but i only ate the middle of it, and a small mouthful of the pastry, and i was ok. it was lovely, lol.
fingers crossed youll be ok now, and keep on with the good work. big hugs xx

im glad your starting to feel a bit better em. i dont know why, but i sometimes feel sicky too, for no apparant reason, i just lie down when it happens to me, but then i do need to lie down a fair bit anyway. its usually a one off thing with me, i mean it dosnt go on for days, it normally wears off within a couple of hours, or if i have a sleep. how long after the pudding did the sicklyness begin, if it was afew hours, it could be the suet pastry was a bit much for you. if it was more than say 24 hours, id say it was probably unrelated. you could have picked up a bit of a bug, hopefully youll be ok now huni. i must admit i had a pudding a few months ago, but i only ate the middle of it, and a small mouthful of the pastry, and i was ok. it was lovely, lol.
fingers crossed youll be ok now, and keep on with the good work. big hugs xx

hi dawny..

when I had the pudding I was actually not sickly on that day..its was much after.
I just tryed the pudding to help with my energy levels.
I mentioned about being anemic before the op,and just lately Ive felt so weak so Ive booked a blood test for myself.
the sickness has been the last couple of days,hardly ate a thing..but before I carved two pumpkins with my daughters and used all the middles to make pumpkin soup and it was yum!
hope your well xx

Hope this clears up for you Em. I'm very sickly myself at the moment. I have no idea why it happens.xxx

aah i wonder if the anemia could be making you feel like that, are u gonna see the doctor as well, cos i would if i was you. my mum has to have iron injections every week, and i know before she started on them, she was quite poorly. mention it to your gp huni. big hugs xxxx

charis, could you be anemic as well huni, your bound to be at least run down with all that youve been through, and if your not eating properly etc, it might be worth you seeing the doctor as well huni, get to the bottom of it all, and you can start to live again. great big hugs n snuggles huni, xxxx

charis, could you be anemic as well huni, your bound to be at least run down with all that youve been through, and if your not eating properly etc, it might be worth you seeing the doctor as well huni, get to the bottom of it all, and you can start to live again. great big hugs n snuggles huni, xxxx

Yes Dawny I wouldn't be surprised. I haven't started taking my iron again but I will tomorrow, and vits too! I shall be ringing SRH Monday if I feel no better.:eek:

be careful with them charis hun, i had to stop taking iron cos they made me sick, and even the forceval i have to take just after ive eaten otherwise they make me sick too. i dont know why, cos if you saw all the other meds i take, youd think id be sick all the time lol. some of my meds are really potent type ones.
i hope your all right with your meds, big hugs xx

does anyone know..if I do carry on feeling sickly..is there anything I can take to help?
I mean like medications..thanks x

I've got anti-emetics fro my doctor and the hospital. They stop you from feeling nauseous. BUT if it carries on, you really need to find out why sweetheart.
There's no point in sticking a plaster over a huge wound! I'm not saying it's anything serious and I'm praying it's not, but you need o know why you're throwing up. It could be a sign of trouble brewing. xxx

hi charis,

Im not actually being sick its just feeling it,
Im actually feeling sickly now..,,Im hoping tommorow Ill be better,but if it carries on Im going to book into doctors.
Just wondered if theres anything I can ask for to help it

hi charis,

Im not actually being sick its just feeling it,
Im actually feeling sickly now..,,Im hoping tommorow Ill be better,but if it carries on Im going to book into doctors.
Just wondered if theres anything I can ask for to help it

Yes love, the group of medicines called anti-emetics are what you need. Should be no problem getting something from your GP.

Back