• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

been sick

teen

post op loser
Hope this aint just me

I am now on a blended diet and breakfast (3 spoons of porrage with milk and sweetener) goes down ok. Lunch usually 1/2 cup home made soup with some soft cheese stirred in goes down great. But my evening meal tonight I had 3 spoons of home made chilli (quorn) and 2 spoons of potato I eat it slow then suddenly bang and I am full,then sick this has happened twice now and I didnt even finsh the 5 spoons of food

Is it just me or do I just have to work out how much to eat.

The fullness just seems to happen

As anyone else felt like this

Hope you can understand what I am trying to explain cause it dont make much sense;)

The food you described for your dinner sounds dense which is a good thing (keeps you full longer) but may be making you too full & thus sick. You could either just go with a small amount of dense food which is okay while you are transitioning or you can try slightly lighter food for your evening meal. Either way, it is what can happen when you introduce new foods, sometimes you just get too full too fast. It is all a learning curve and you have done nothing wrong & the body is funny, in a couple of days you could have the same exact menu and have no problems! Like they say trial & error!

Nic;)

you may be trying to eat too much its still early days or it could be that the food is slightly too thick for you try watering it down a little or split the amount between 2 smaller meals.

i was sick when going from pureed to mush and the food that i had had was slightly too thick. your body will soon tell you befor the painful stage when you have had enough its just a case of getting used to it and listening to it. also you will find days where you can eat more than others.
take care
hc

thanx for the info. Thats what makes this site worth visiting The meal tonight was 5 teaspoons and the chilli was not thick more of a gravy thickness I guess its just trial and error

I riced the potato and blended the chilli till it was like gravy chilli was quorn tinned toms and kidney beans with a bit of chilli powder. I have froze the rest lol

How long have you been able to tolerate puree'd food Teen? i'm guessing its still early days and perhaps your pouch isnt ready to tolerate this type of food just yet. As the others have said, maybe the food just a bit too dense for this soon post op. I cant imagine that the quantity was too much if only 5 teaspoons.

Hope it wasnt too horrendous hun x

Sounds to me like your pushing to much in, your pouch is about the size of a golf ball, literally speaking thats about one big mouthful of food, mashed potatoe sets like concrete inside your pouch too.
Everyone's advise here is good, the being sick bit is something most of us went through, you will learn, your pouch will heal up and be able to take more, and you'll start to understand the feelings when your almost full and not quite at the up chuck stage ! all takes time though - but its perfectly normal.

As a suggestion, if it keeps happening then go back a stage for a few days, let things settle down and then try again with a little less.

Now you have said that silver surfer both times I have been sick I have had mash potato with my meal, Think I will lay of that for a while. I have had the chilli on its own and been fine There is a lot in the freezer :eek:)

Thanks everyone for the advice

Hey i was almost sick last night as well, had the beginings of a 'dump' got hot sweaty ect and felt sick but was not. J decided to puree some tuna with light mayo, red onion and added a little milk to thin it down. too much oil is how i am reading it.

On the plus side i have full weetabix this morning for the first time

On the positive side chucking ups not such a bad thing, i over did it eating an apple pie of Sunday, had one slice and went back for a second, :D bad move - projectile vomited the lot back up ! So nearly 6 months post op i'm still learning !

But on the positive side it reminded me that i have restiction, cant eat pastry and not to push my pouch beyound its limits....... so i look on it as a positive rather than a negative thing because it stops me slipping back into those bad habits that got me obese in the first place.

Not sure how hot you had the chilli , but at 1st my pouch couldnt take any hotish food and i still cant really. Any thing hot for me and i feel a bit sicky . i would stay away from chilli for a while untill your pouch is well used to food. then try it again.

Not hot at all just a little bit dont like my chilli or curry really hot just mild

On the positive side chucking ups not such a bad thing, i over did it eating an apple pie of Sunday, had one slice and went back for a second, :D bad move - projectile vomited the lot back up ! So nearly 6 months post op i'm still learning !

But on the positive side it reminded me that i have restiction, cant eat pastry and not to push my pouch beyound its limits....... so i look on it as a positive rather than a negative thing because it stops me slipping back into those bad habits that got me obese in the first place.

Thanks for sharing that ss like you say its its a reminder of why you opted for surgery and a way of ensuring you dont get back into bad habits and intresting that even if something doesnt make you dump it can have other consequenses.
yhanks hc

I threw today too!!! Although it was a very dignified, ladylike spew - LOL!!!

Last night I had half of a small carton of pre made cauliflower cheese. Mushed it right down and although it took me 25 minutes eat it all with no terrible effects whatsoever. Very nice actually except it got very cold.

I decided to bring the other half with me into work for lunch. Heated it, mushed it up and sat down to eat. After only three or four very small bits of it, I got a pretty unpleasant feeling in what I suspect is my new pouch. Kinda like an airlock which I thought a couple of discrete burps would eliminate. The burps were continued but the discomfort stayed. Decided not to continue with it and went back into my office still with the awful feeling, still doing mini burps!! After one of the burps, I felt like there was something in my throat. Weird feeling but not a sicky feeling like you might expect if you needed to vomit?!?! Decided to go off and see if I was right. I was!! Did two or three little sick ups, pretty pathetic really but it certainly free'd up the pain. Problem is nearly 5 hours on, I still feeling a sense of discomfort and bloatedness?!?!?

Dont understand why it seemed ok last night but today not?? I did perhaps chew it less and eat it a bit quicker because I was sitting with people chatting. :sign0137:

I now what you mean Claire you feel like its stuck so you do tiny burbs thinking it will free it Better of out than in.

Did you have keyhole with you been back at work so soon

After I was sick last night I ended up with really loud hiccups

Claire at your stage chewing and tiny bites is the key to avoiding that airlock feeling and being sick. The bite you take should be the size of a pencil-top-eraser and you should chew until it's liquid. It only takes one bite too big or not chewed enough to give you that feeling! You don't need to do that forever, but definately for the first few months.

Richard I agree with you that its good to have a reminder now and then and to know the bypass is working lol....

I wish sometimes I could burp but for some reason I cant, get the feeling but it just does not happen. Glad to say my nausea has finally stopped and other than sometimes getting a too full feeling I really forget I have had anything done and...xx

Back