• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been so long since i posted

bigfella1

Hi every one been so long since I posted thought I'd reintroduce myself again . Ok then I'm a 46 year old man living near swansea currently 195 kg 6ft tall ,struggled with my size all my life really it's hard to think of a time when I didn't. As a young man very fit played a lot of rugby cycling enjoyed life but with the weight always in the background. Fantastic wife two lovely kids . Rugby stopped weight took over yoyo ever since .
Things came to a head October 2011 woke up one morning couldn't go to work diagnosed severe depression realised the weight was tipping me over the edge my doctor suggested weight loss surgery with already having sleep apnea and diabetes (diet controlled) .
Applied in February and was asked to give my weight 222kg and received an invitation to a weight loss clinic in Morriston hospital swansea for 17th July in may didn't know what to expect but was assured I was accepted on to the program for a gastric sleeve elated ! Three mor appointments one to meet consultant mr Barry ,and a diabetes consultant to take part in tests before and after op . Appointment tomorrow with professor Baxter for what I would hope is for a date or timescale for my op but all the usuall doubts and thoughts surface wife thinks I worry too much but I wouldn't be on here if I was perfect lol.

:welcome: good to have you back x

Good luck for tomorrow and I hope you get some idea of when your op may be. Well done for losing so much weight yourself too.
And I'll have you know, there are many people on here who are perfect,(well, practically perfect, lol)
;)

Welcome bk n good luck for 2moz hope u get ur date for op ;)

welcome back big fella and good luck :) xxx

Good luck for later

Well went to appointment met consultant mr Barry a dietician and the clinical nurse Nia ,they were all very friendly and pleased with my weight loss so far ,mr Barry after reminding me of the possible complications told me I would be going on a months liver shrinking diet,admitted on the Tuesday operation on Tuesday and after all checks leave on Friday. All this is dependent on me seeing a psychologist before as date can be set.
So all in all happy need now to research what will happen when I meet the psychologist lol.

Back