• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 down & 1 to go.......

J-Mo

I've had sleepless nights worrying & deliberating over when or even if I should tell my son's about my pending surgery.......

Well last night I told my youngest who is 15yrs in a few weeks. He said I didn't need surgery as there was nothing wrong with me! (aaahhh... mammy's boy!!)

He then asked about risks of dying during surgery, so we looked it up on google which advised it depended on the individual but normally .5% to 2%, he reckons thats too high. But he said he'll support me & help look after me when I have it done. He then asked to know more about it so showed him a cartoon type drawing of what happens. His comment was "Mam we have a stomach for a reason & you can't just get rid of it"! Ha, ha!!!

He did eventually get some sort of understanding of what I'm doing & why. So I worried for nothing & just have to tackle my 16yr old son next.

That won't be sooooo easy as he is very sensitive. Not sure if I should tell my dad.

I just hate the thought of causing them worry & hurt!!!

Well to anyone bored enough to be reading this, thanks.....

Have a good week-end :family2:

Bless you and bless your son for being so supportive. xx

Love him!
I have 16 year old boy /girl twins.
My son is very sensitive but coped really well with everything.
He has been very loving since I got home too! Not sure how long that will last.
My daughter nearly fainted in hospital and i didnt have any tubes in when she came to see me! After that we jsut text each other and spoke on the phone. She worried quite abit however, the minute I got home she was back to her usual social butterfly self and I have hardly seen her since.

I think teenagers are quite sensitive although they also have a good understanding too
GOOD LUCK
Shells
x

so glad it went well :))) good luck with your other son

Thanks every1 for ur lovely comments.. Fingers crossed #1 will be just as easy. Although I don't think he bode well visiting me in hospital, he'll likely spew.

The joys of motherhood....
:thankyou:

Good luck with your eldest son. Mine were a bit older than yours and encouraged me to have it. They could see how difficult it was for me with pain and stuff and they are both really fit so acknowledged how necessary the surgery was. They will love it, when you start getting slimmer and fitter.

Hi J-MO
My son was 25 but my daughter was only 13 when i had my surgery last August. Like your son, my daughter never saw me as anything except her mum ( bless her), she too is very sensitive but understood why i had to have my bypass. That said i travelled 220 miles for my op and she stayed back in Scotland with her aunt and uncle as she didn't want to see me in recovery in a hospital bed. It was hard to leave her behind but as soon as i got home she was fine ( a mixture of relief and delight) i'm sure. My mum worried herself no end until i got home too. I think no matter what we say, until those that love us ,see us after our ops they will not relax until then. You obviously have a lovely supportive family good luck with your older son xx

Thanks everyone for your lovely posts to my thread. I've told son #1 who took it equally as well as son #2. When did my babies become so grown up & mature?!?!

They have both more or less said I should do whatever makes me happy but they can't see why I am unhappy with my weight!! AAaaaahh bless!!

Now just have to decide when the right time is to tell my dad.

Then I panic because I think this all hinges on me being able to the camera down on the 19th May. Fingers crossed. I will heartbroken if I can't.

Take care everyone..........

Glad it went ok for you

Mine are to young so only told son who's 7 that had to have stomach op to help me not have pain, used to suffer exteme ibs but seems to be eased abit now.
My mum knew but as they moved the date forward i didnt tell her as she has her own health probs, she was a bit upset but understood why

xx

Glad all went well J-MO with your sons you are so right when you ask where did our babies go kids never cease to surprise us! As for the camera honestly i was in a horrendous state before mine but the sedation is great and you will remember nothing or feel nothing. If i can do it as a big big wimp i'm sure you will manage it good luck xx

I hope u're right Allie 'cos I am terrified. I'm normally such a strong person & been thru so much crap in my life that nothing phases me. Except this bl**dy camera!!!!!!!! Even the thought of it makes me wanna gag. I'll beg for sedation & ask them to double it, ha, ha

Thanks again everyone for ur kind words

Back