• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been waiting for these surgery alomst 2years now wondering if they have forgotten me

nikita

my mum had a stroke and since then i havent had time to attend royal free and keep up with the cambridge diet they put me on and the4y havnt written to me nor called i been waiting for this surgery alomost 2 years now does this measn they will not do my surgery?

im having it at whittington hospital and the lkast time i saw dr sufi he told me i had to wait for the money from barnet but this was like january this year my mnother had a stroke in febuary.iv heard nothing back

Sorry Nikita, but I can't really help as all hospitals/trusts seem to be different (I didn't have to apply for funding). If you have a browse through some of the other posts on here, you might come across something that'll help. You could type the name of your hospital or surgeon in the search bar and start there.
Sorry I can't be of more help, but usually no news is good news...
Best of luck on your journey. :bestwishes:

Hi Nikita

Give Lorna a call on 02072885226.

It could be that Barnet are kicking their heels.

Having said that, from what ive heard Mr Sufi is very strict with people following plans they're put on (he recently cancelled 2 weeks of surgery as nobody had stuck 100% to the pre-op diet so it may be worth taking advantage of this to get back on with the Cambridge diet

Really sorry to hear about your mum x x

im having it at whittington hospital and the lkast time i saw dr sufi he told me i had to wait for the money from barnet but this was like january this year my mnother had a stroke in febuary.iv heard nothing back

Hi Nikita, i had my op with Mr sufi and Barnet and Enfield pct are linked and from what i was told was that they stopped funding all elective operations. Call up and speak to Lorna she is Mr sufi`s secretary she will be able to let you know what is the situation. I dont think they have forgotten about you but they would if written to you if they had got the funding were you told you need the funding before you have any tests.
Got to agree with Suepat Mr Sufi is very strict but also very fair and understanding, i was told if i did not dtop a certain amount of weight i would of had to have a sleeve instead of a bypass, so that def kept me on the straight and narrow lol.
If you need any help with the process at the Whitt feel free to pm me, take care x

All trusts will be different but keep positive chick and all will come good. Set little things to focus on like a special occasion or little outings, it all helps pass the time x

Back