• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Before and after pictures

Samsara

I just wanted to say a universal thank you to all the people that have put up before, during and after pictures. They are very inspirational and give those of us yet to have a procedure much hope for the future :thankyou:

I also wanted to mention the amazing transformations, particularly what a difference it makes to someone facially. I wonder what my slim face will look like? It's been a long time since I have seen it. Do you roughly go back to what you were facially when you were slimmer would you say? Or have you changed facially with age and look like a different person? The last time I was a "reasonable" size (14) I was 18! I am now 40 and cannot even begin to imagine what I might look like post weight loss :confused:

x x

Well speaking personally, it is 40yrs since I was slim so to expect to look the same was a bit of a reach, lol :D so no, I don't but I do look like my mum did which I didn't whilst I was fat :) I obviously do look very ancient :rolleyes: but hey, there are no wrinkles on a balloon & I would not go back to pre op weight for anything, even a face & body only a mother could love :D on the positive side, I am fitter & healthier than I can ever remember being :) So no complaints from me :D xxx

Well, I was a size 18 at aged 15, so I cannot remember ever having a slim face. I am now 40 years old and just reached 9 stones loss after a bypass 7 months ago. I still have problems with recognising myself in photo's. I have no regrets with my bypass I am healthy and more mobile than I have been in years.

My friends and family (other than my nan lol) tell me I look younger than before. But I am 31. So just happy to finally look in my twenties lol

My mum has said that I look like I used to in the face. Seeing as I still have about 9 stone to go I have no idea what my face might look like slimmer. But agree with Twink - My face and body are what they are and will change according to themselves. But the feeling in me is amazing.

I've only just had my bypass but even when I weighed 8 stone at 18 yrs old(i'm 32) I didn't have a slim face its always been round but my body was slim. So I'm wondering if it will go slim this time. People kept telling me I will look old if I have a bypass :/

I've only just had my bypass but even when I weighed 8 stone at 18 yrs old(i'm 32) I didn't have a slim face its always been round but my body was slim. So I'm wondering if it will go slim this time. People kept telling me I will look old if I have a bypass :/

You won't look old. You are only 32 and beautiful :)

My face has slimmed properly - no loose skin there at the moment.

I'm a lot older than most of you guys as I'm in my fifties, but so far my face seems to be keeping it's shape and not sagging as such. But I have noticed little fine lines appearing under my eyes which definitely weren't there before the bypass, but then again at my age it's to be expected anyway....xx

When I was talking about changing facially I wasn't referring to age and wrinkles. Just about looking as we once did and actually seeing some features which obesity definitely masks - and this is apparent in all the before and after pictures. Because my face has been masked by obesity for so long I look forward to seeing what my actual face looks like beyond all the fat! I have forgotten what I look like in reality :) x x

I understand what you're saying- I just don't know what shape my face is. Or what I really look like.

I have never been at goal weight since about age 10. So I can't answer the question. I only know with 3-4 stone to go, I am very happy with the structure of my face lol

my face is slim now like it used to be :) I was lucky to be slim before children and people who kNew me then say I look like my old self (apart from the obvious wrinkles of course ) it's my neck and sticky out bones which i never thought I'd see again :)

Yeah I look like what i did when i last weighed what i weigh now i have lost 10 1/2 stone from the very start so my face has really lost weight and seems much smaller. Because like the rest of my body has been stretched it doesnt look loose but likew Amanda said fine lines have appeared around the eyes lines around mouth area, other than that fine. Ihave been told that i look younger by friends and look more like my slim middle sister. x strange isnt it x

From the pics I have seen you all look fabulous and should be proud and you can most definitely see the difference. I look forward to posting my own pictures one day :) x x x

I really look like my younger sister :) in fact my son came to visit one day after not seeing me for a while and after my hair was cut short and said hello aunty Kath ha ha now that I take as a compliment coz all the guys used to say where's Kath she's so lovely etc etc

Well when my old mum saw my most recent pictures she phoned me and told me that I looked like her daughter again, which coming from my mum is something as getting a compliment from her is like trying to get blood out of a stone, so I guess she can see the old me now that the fat is falling off my face xxxx

Your mum sounds like mine - that's the closest she's ever got to a compliment.

Back