• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can you or could you imagine yourself slim?

LBD

I love looking at everyone's before and after pics but I have been sitting here thinking that I just can't ever imagine myself being that slim.

I know I am fat, there is no denying that!, and having been big for so long I can't envisage what I will look like after losing 6 or 7 stone.

Anyone else feel like this?

Those of you who have already lost tons of weight, were you able to imagine what you would look like?

hi lisa i still see my self as (fat) as i was for so long. It takes a lot to get used to, i still see all the hanging skin whats there and can not see past it but ill get there x x

I can as I was over 9st lighter a few years ago.

It was hard to adjust. I use to go into clothing stores and take sizes 16 & 18 into the changing room when I was actully a size 12. At my lowest I was a size 8 :eek:.

I'd see a reflection in window and realise it was me.

Even now i do not see myself as slim, in fact i had a conversation with Jonah last night saying i did not really want to lose any more off my top but that i knew it would happen as i still need to lose more of my hips and thighs. And that i was concerned i was going to look haggard

I can not imagine myself thin, I think its because of all the times I failed! I look at all the fab pictures on here and see the people transformed and think I wish that was me...but it's hard to believe it could...WILL be me.

Hi Lisa............no cannot imagine myself slimmer again so long since I was there, nearly 18yrs and then I was 12st. I tried to avoid looking at myself in the mirror as I just dont recognise the person looking back at me, that upsets me sometimes.
I do think you get into negative thought patterns about yourself and it must take alot of readjustment to feel you have achieved that goal, whatever it is.
I dont want to be a babe, lol just healthy and happy with myself.

Sarah you definately dont look like the same person wow!! well done

Jay xx

The simple answer is no, I really couldn't imagine what 7 stone off would look like. The more complex answer is that I really did not know (daft thing but true) how big I really was and for how long I had been that big. I was actually shocked when I went through pictures from 10 years ago and was shocked to see that I was so large back then. I had a false sense of size, thinking that I had only been super big for a few years due to illness. Now I realize that I had been morbidly obese for my entire adult life, the last time I was just overwieght and not obese or morbidly obese I was 16 years old. So when I look at myself now and see myself in an overweight category heading for a healthy category I feel like I see a stranger! I still 'feel' plus size!

Nic:p

Yes i can remember when i was slim and when i looked in a mirror i saw myself - but now i look in a mirror and it is not me that is looking back so i want to be reunited with that person again x

i could never imagine myself slim, when i set out i just wanted to be a normal average person that just blends into the crowd and not have people looking, pointing and staring at me, i only ever wanted to be average and thats what i am now as the average british woman is supposed to be a size 16, im size 14/16 now and im quite happy but i still keep going for the larger sizes in the clothes shops which is a force of habbit.

liz x

I cant imagine myself slim...Ive been big from being a kid...as school I was sooo active, every sports team going, water polo and cricket player on Manchester squads and all other sports teams...even then I was big. I do not remember a time before I was a size 18...I must have been a little girl but I dont remember...so I cant see what Im supposed t look like?! Random but true!

Back