• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Before and after pictures

Even then though she had to spoil it by adding "Well trust you though to take the easy way and have an operation"!!!! Didn't even bother to argue it with her lol.....

Mine said I was so worried. At least now you've done something. Now you need to keep it up.

Mine said I was so worried. At least now you've done something. Now you need to keep it up.
Yep our mums do sound as if they are cut from the same cloth!!!

Wow! That's a tangible insult! How do you stay calm when she says stuff like that??!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. We've had plenty of arguments, but often I will be hurt and won't say anything and then stew and moan to my boyfriend. She is probably the root of a lot of my depression issues. She has always been so critical, not just of my weight but everything.

He gets really really angry with her for the things she says. Its why they don't get on at all.

sometimes people who can't say something nice shouldn't say anything xxx I haven't had a mum since I was 8 but maybe if that's how they are I'm not missing anything after all xxx

They're not all like that :) Bet you're not and I know I'm not. My daughter is happy and beautiful and knows I love her. And deep down, I know my mums issues are not with me but actually within herself. she is a bitter angry woman. She is jealous that I walked my own path rather than being forced down one by my father. She feels he forced her to give up work and stuff.

true I'm definitely not like that xxx I try to treat people as I would like to be treated xxx I'm sorry she's like that with you but as long as you keep doing what you're . doing hopefully you will show her what a beautiful daughter she has and you're all the better for the op and losing all the weight xx

I am trying to move away from needing her approval. Relying on my partner and daughter for unconditional love.

I am trying to move away from needing her approval. Relying on my partner and daughter for unconditional love.

My mum was a washed down version of your mum, I used to think if I lost weight she'd be prouder or more emotional toward me! We both had a weight problem, anyway she's softened but I had to stop wanting her approval. I did let go a bit and that's when I looked at myself and was happy with what I saw! The awful thing is and it'll happen to most of us is I can't pass a mirror without having a stare and loving what i see;-)

My mum was a washed down version of your mum, I used to think if I lost weight she'd be prouder or more emotional toward me! We both had a weight problem, anyway she's softened but I had to stop wanting her approval. I did let go a bit and that's when I looked at myself and was happy with what I saw! The awful thing is and it'll happen to most of us is I can't pass a mirror without having a stare and loving what i see;-)

Your journey with your mom has been the same as the one with my nan. I have had up not let her words hurt me anymore and stop seeking her approval. Now, she is a bit nicer to me. There will be days the sharp tongue will appear...But I know I have done well and need to let her words slip off me like they are coated in baby oil lol xxx

Back