• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

being bloated

Marky007

Arrived home monday, they releashed me 2 days early, as i was doing so well. But i always feel bloated and find it so hard to drink anything. Is this normal post op to feel bloated, i know its only been 5 days post op

Think it is normal as I was like this for first few days too.
Feeling better since day 7 but still windy lol x

I was like this also straight after my op and found that peppermint tea and walking around helped ease it. I am now 12 days post op and have no more bloating and the only time i get wind is if I eat or drink a little too quickly.

Oh mark im sooooooo pleased every think went well, how are you doing apart from the bloating?

It's good to have you back safe n sound, take it easy and recuperate... x

hi lisa, everything seems to be ok, really struggling to take in any fluids at the mo, i guess cos of the bloating, but i hope that goes away. manage about 2 pints a day

Glad to hear you are back home and doing ok. after my op I was a little bloated and noticed I couldnt drink fluids like I could before. I used to just gulp stuff down but now I drink fluids a bit more slowly and they go down fine. Good luck on your recovery

What are you drinking mark? I struggled if my fluid was too cold.

Hi Marky :)

welcome to the losers bench :) Sprry your having difficulties with liquids, you will be internally swollen for a while which may make you feel bloated also have you managed to have a 'number 2' ;) If you havent this can make you feel bloated too. If you havent been I suggest you try taking something, I used lactulose which the wls people told me too and I was fine with it, others were told not to have this. Like others have said you probably also have a lot of wind inside you, so movement and mint tea help get rid of this. It's still early says for you, I wouldnt worry too much right now but if it persists you must seek medical advice from either your wl team or gp.

Good luck

Glad to hear all went well Mark and you are recovering well. Try the peppermint tea, it does help.

If you are having constipation don't leave it too long before you take something, I did and it was murder when things started to move. I used the Lactulose and after a couple of doses things moved.

Good luck,
John

Hi, i have been drinking coffee, sf juice, and water. They also gave me Lactulose to use.It is much better today though. I just panicked a bit that it was going to be like this forever. Worried a bit about getting fluids in as i can only take in half a cup every couple of hours

Hi Mark glad your feeling a little better today. My first days after the op i was sipping ribeana light and at first i really did struggle with the fluids so dont think your any different from anyone else so try not to worry, i found the first 2 wks the hardest but trust me it does get better x

im over 5 weeks post op now and ike u i couldnt handle my fluids at first was so hard to take a sip, but now im managing fine and drinking lots and lots, try warming up ur juice, works wonders x

Back