• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass People - how do you physically feel after eating?

lottietat

Hi,
I am now nearly 5 months post op and recently have been feeling very bloated after I have eaten. I was always told that my new stomach is behind my breastbone so that is where my feeling of fullness is, but this isn't the case. I don't feel anything there, it is in my tummy and I get very bloated. Is anyone else experiencing this at all?

Nope, but then I'm not as far along as you. I get a nearly full feeling at the top of my tummy and that's when I stop (at the latest).

I get the full feeling at the top of my tummy. it feels like a brick sometimes and can be really painful. i do find when i have trapped wind i feel it higher up could it be that that is causing your pain and discomfort??x

It may be something that you are eating. I am only 4 weeks post-op but I get this feeling when I have potato for some reason. Have you had anything different? I'd check with the doc or even dietician - & hope you feel better soon

I am only two weeks post op but if I have anything that contains potato and have a mouthfull too much feel quite unwell-bloated feeling but mine is also higher up-This has only happened twice but passed after an hour or so.

2 weeks post op and your eating?
Havent you been put on a liquids only diet? Your not supposed to eat for at least a month.

Hi,

Just to say, I was eating mash potato and pureed veg in hospital on day 4!! It all depends on your surgeon as to when you can start eating. My normal diet started at week 5!! We are all different and should follow the advice given to us by our surgeon and dietician. I was only on liquids for 3 days before going onto a pureed soft diet. We all follow different instructions. I did not have or have experienced any bloating either.

Kel xxx

Hi,

Just to say, I was eating mash potato and pureed veg in hospital on day 4!! It all depends on your surgeon as to when you can start eating. My normal diet started at week 5!! We are all different and should follow the advice given to us by our surgeon and dietician. I was only on liquids for 3 days before going onto a pureed soft diet. We all follow different instructions. I did not have or have experienced any bloating either.

Kel xxx

Thats amazing, I've had to do a month on liquids only and a month on pureed food only..........
Still cant complain as I've lost 6 stone in 6 weeks.

Wow!!!

No you cant complain at that! Well done, thats fantastic! I'm pretty pleased with my 44 pounds in 2 months though, and being able to eat real food! I say I "only" have 96 pounds to lose, but its still a lot....I'm almost half way! Good luck with the rest of your journey, you have done brilliantly so far!:D

Kelxxx

Wow!!!

No you cant complain at that! Well done, thats fantastic! I'm pretty pleased with my 44 pounds in 2 months though, and being able to eat real food! I say I "only" have 96 pounds to lose, but its still a lot....I'm almost half way! Good luck with the rest of your journey, you have done brilliantly so far!:D

Kelxxx

Your doing well yourself, keep up the good work.
I've lost 9 stone total with 9 stone to go.

Back