• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Below criteria?

Good luck hun! Ask the GP to help back you up too x My BMI was 53 with no other health conditions and I was refused surgery at the end of 18 months on Tier 3. I was with Spire Southampton but appointments were held in Havant (local to me) at the time.

Wow! How could they have refused you? That's awful. Luckily I have a good GP so I hope yhat helps. Did you appeal?

Good luck hun! Ask the GP to help back you up too x

My BMI was 53 with no other health conditions and I was refused surgery at the end of 18 months on Tier 3. I was with Spire Southampton but appointments were held in Havant (local to me) at the time.

Did you eventually get surgery Flickalicious?

My GP appealed on my behalf. She emphasised that I had years of torment due to my weight along with severe depression, suicidal thoughts, self harming and difficulties conceiving. At only 24 years old at the time she also said it would be a preventative measure for the onset of diabetes or other health issues relating to obesity.
I finished Tier 3 in June 2013, my GP appealed in August 2013 and I had a gastric bypass in November that same year.

I told the GP whilst in floods of tears that I would fight to get help as literally nothing was working and I was spiralling downwards fast. I will be forever thankful to her and the hospital but unfortunately the whole Tier 3 programme left a bitter taste in my mouth (no pun intended!)

I wish you luck with Tier 3, hopefully you'll get a positive outcome at the end :) x

Well, I had my last appointment with Tier 3 yesterday and my BMI is still 40, so I am still eligible for surgery. :) I now have a waiting game so am keeping everything crossed!

Quick update. I should be receiving my exit letter this week after 10 long weeks. I've been advised that a recommendation gas been made for me to have the surgery. My doctor has already said he'd refer me so hopefully it will be straightforward. (Fingers crossed) However I have developed gallstones and have to have my gallbladder out. Can anybody tell me if your gallbladder is removed during bariatric surgery? This will be done under the NHS, so might be different from having the op privately. Thank you in advance!

Back