• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Big Boned?

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
I was eavesdropping yesterday and I heard a couple of women discussing the plumpness of someone they know. The not quite so gossipy one was trying to be a bit nicer saying that such-and-such was 'big boned'........

Is this a myth and it's just a nicer way of saying your just a bit fat??

Yes. It's the "nice" way to say that someone is on the verge of being fat without being exactlly to the point where kids throw stones at you :)

When heard in terms of gossip, its obviously just a slightly nicer way of suggesting someone is overweight but it's true that underneath our skin, fat, flesh and muscles we all have different skeleton sizes. There are 3 basic bone structures: Endomorph which is a bigger and broader boned body
Ectomorph which is more slender and smaller boned body
Mesomorph which is a more medium sized body
...................body fat is still body fat though, just attached to different sized bones!

I am officially endomorph (honestly, GP measured me) which he reckons is why I have no aches, pains, health problems despite being so overweight.

Can't wait to lose the suet so I can JUST be big boned!!

Back