• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Big Day Tomorrow

Maidstone83

Hi guys,
been on here a while but not posted really!
Just thought Id say hi. - Im Danny from West Malling in Kent, I'm 29 and weigh around 30st.

I have been looking at surgery for around 5/6 years now and last year got funding. I have chosen Kings College Hospital and go tomorrow for my first appointment - Really dont know what to expect! I have ready through my questionare a million times and thought i was ready, but its only now that the nerves are kicking in.

I have ready so many stories on here and have been truly inspired, so would love to hear from some of you? And if anyone can tell me what to expect tomorrow i would be greatful lol.

So tomorrow is one of the biggest days of my life! ill keep you posted and look forward to hearing from you all.

Danny

hey Danny :) welcome to the site, and good luck for tomorrow, cant tell u what to expect im afraid, but im sure someone who can will be along soon :) xxx

Hope your journey is a smooth one for you, are you having bypass ????

Hi guys,
been on here a while but not posted really!
Just thought Id say hi. - Im Danny from West Malling in Kent, I'm 29 and weigh around 30st.

I have been looking at surgery for around 5/6 years now and last year got funding. I have chosen Kings College Hospital and go tomorrow for my first appointment - Really dont know what to expect! I have ready through my questionare a million times and thought i was ready, but its only now that the nerves are kicking in.

I have ready so many stories on here and have been truly inspired, so would love to hear from some of you? And if anyone can tell me what to expect tomorrow i would be greatful lol.

So tomorrow is one of the biggest days of my life! ill keep you posted and look forward to hearing from you all.

Danny

Welcome Danny.... Can't help you mate but someone will come along soon for you.
Keep in touch mate...Hope you get what you wish for soon.

Andy

Hi danny
Its scary isnt it, its an emotional rollercoaster this journey. I still wake up in the mornings and think "s!!t ive had weight loss surgery, hope todays a good day" Your just at the start and you will find out tomorrow how they do things, appointments, waiting times ect... Im sure they will be very kind and helpfull tomorrow, i had to write down the questions i wanted answers to as i would have forgotten otherwise.
It will change your life for the better, let us know what happens tomorrow.:):)
Kim xx

Hi danny
Its scary isnt it, its an emotional rollercoaster this journey. I still wake up in the mornings and think "s!!t ive had weight loss surgery, hope todays a good day" Your just at the start and you will find out tomorrow how they do things, appointments, waiting times ect... Im sure they will be very kind and helpfull tomorrow, i had to write down the questions i wanted answers to as i would have forgotten otherwise.
It will change your life for the better, let us know what happens tomorrow.:):)
Kim xx

Thanks so much Kim

and everyone else! x

Good luck for tomorrow Danny

Kings was on the list I was given this week, but went with Guy's and St Thomas'. Lots of pre oppers here like myself wishing you all the best and waiting to hear how it all goes :)

Sharon ( fellow Kentish person) x

Hi Everyone, just got back from Kings
Got there early and went straight in... The place was empty (So Nice)
First room they took my measurements and weight (Lost a few lbs since my last weighing!!!) then...
Spoke to a very nice lady for about an hour and she asked me loads of questions!
Then i had some blood tests (Which took a few attempts!!)
and thats was it, took about an hour if that!
I now have to do a Lung fuction test which i can do at home (they send me the machine!)
and she told me i would have to go back in about 6-8 weeks!

It was all really quick and easy! - driving there took longer lol

Thanks for all your kind words! - it really means a lot!

Ill keep you posted - Danny

Glad it all went well today Danny, keep us all updated :)

Sharon x x

hi danny,
glad you initial consultation went well and i wish you good luck and success on this magical wonderful life changing journey we've started.
please keep posting you will find lots of support and advice on this site - its brill
jan xx

Hi Danny

Am glad your 1st appointment went ok.. Hope you get another one soon..

Nicky x

hi danny n welcome x good luck for tomorrow xxx

Hi Danny
Glad all went smoothly for you today! It is an emotional rollercoaster journey that's for sure! I had my bypass 11 days ago and am still trying to get my head round it at the moment. But, thanks to the help and support I get on this site I am finding it easier as the days go by.
Good luck on the start of your journey !
Ps I'm not far from you, in Orpington!
Sarah xx

keep going fella , i waited 2 years but ive had op now and weight is falling , i was 32 stone im ashamed to say but lost 5 stone on pre op and diet since nov and now post of 8 days have lost a further stone , so 6 in total, your get there mate im sure of it

Welcome Hun n good luck on ur journey x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good luck with your journey. I'm having my sleeve on Saturday eeek!!
Absolutely terrified but strangely excited - kinda weird that?
I have found everyone on here such a great bunch. So much advice & support.
My first appointment was a long day but the way I saw it was an information gathering session for me. Apart from the usual blood tests, weigh in etc I saw a dietician the we had a group talk about the various options for surgery. We learnt about the processes you go through, dieting to meet pre op levels, pre op liver shrinkage diet, what the stages are post op. then I saw the consultant to discuss my individual options. Exhausted after it all but so much clearer about what op to have.

Back