• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Big meets Bigger

Tyraboots

Did anyone see this last night? (Part 2 is on tonight) The two girls who went to Mississippi to live with two large sisters who ate a lot of pork products. The larger of the two sisters was in total denial about her size and was eating her way into an early grave. They were eating pigs ears and pigs feet, apparently its called soul food. As someone who could eat for |England I wouldn't have had anything to do with it. It looked dreadful and there was so much of it. The diabetic sister actually melted butter into maple sauce and soaked it into bread before eating it, she had herself convinced that even though she was diabetic she could have 'a little of something sweet'.
The two English girls were large, but not to the extent the americans were, I think the point of the programme was to scare them skinny. Its on again tonight.

I saw it and found it really interesting, the price of junk food over there was unbelievable! They ate out all the time at All u Can Eat Buffets really cheaply. I found it really sad too, the bigger of the 2 american ladies will not live much longer unless she changes her eating habits.

I saw it and am lookin forward to seeing it tonight x

Last nights was terrifying. The mother of the greek girl, in my opinion, is killing her daughter. The daughter is 10 years old and weighs 19 and a half stone. The mother was diagnosed with sleep apnoea, when the dietician was delivery some grave news, she actually fell asleep. I think perhaps she has narcolepsy. They showed how a kebab is made. I must admit I've never ate one, and will not be in future. The american burgers in the previous episode were astonishing. They were the size of rugby balls and weighted 12oz! The familys attempts to intervene in the greek womans eating problem were just met with tantrums. It was truely sad. I think in the UK, the child might have been removed from the family. It made me feel that over feeding a child is as bad as starving one.

I felt so sorry for the daughter. The mother is in complete denial and although she has a sleep problem, I think the incident at the doctors was false. The father was in a world of his own. Both of these parents in my opinion were bordering on edge of neglect re the daughter. Concerning the doctor, instead of the humour and astonishment every time she sees the family, should take charge of the situation regarding the daughter before she becomes another sad statistic in life. Paul x

I didn't watch it and wish i had now!

I think our approach to eating needs addressing whether were in America or UK. I know for one that my ex husband doesn't take my childrens dietary needs seriously at all! Fair play up to 12 months ago we did eat takeaways at least 2 x a week but then i addressed the issue and we very rarely have 'crap' now, my girls get so excited if a miracle happens and i let them have something from the chippy as it is a treat... They come back from their dads and give a run down of what they've done, everything involves food: Stopped at the burger van when he fetched us for hot sandwiches (the burger van man knows their orders ffs), probably had a chippy in the evening and if they can get him too they'll stop at McD's on their way home. This takes place between Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. It drives me nuts but i refuse to argue with him about it anymore. I've tried suggesting that it's okay to take them out for one meal and perhaps think of compromising eg. let them have chicken tikka from the chippy but do them a jacket and some salad with it so they've got some goodness in it, but all to no avail....

Ooops sorry for going on, if the programmes repeated someone give us a shout please xxx

I felt so sorry for the daughter. The mother is in complete denial and although she has a sleep problem, I think the incident at the doctors was false. The father was in a world of his own. Both of these parents in my opinion were bordering on edge of neglect re the daughter. Concerning the doctor, instead of the humour and astonishment every time she sees the family, should take charge of the situation regarding the daughter before she becomes another sad statistic in life. Paul x

Me too. She is obviously very unhappy but her parents are avoiding any responsibility for her situation. They've been told that their daughter will, at best, be completely bedridden by the age of 20... or at worst, dead, but they're refusing to take any action. So, so sad.

Yes it was really sad, and the mother is in denial. I think she needed a shock tactic. I think the mum wore the pants and the daughter and dad deep down wanted to change. For the sake of there daughter i think the daughter should be taken off the parents, i personally think its abuse. Of course when they've lost weight and proved they will be able to look after her properly the can have responsibility of her again. I was crying my eyes out, when the little girl said she has 1 friend and even she ignores her when there's anyone else around xxx

Back