• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bike v Car

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
I have read just this week on other threads that our fellow cyclists have had some sticky moments with motorists.

Well tonight I can also say I have.

Firstly I had some 'boy racers' get as close as they can to me on a main road, and then was laughing as they went by.

Then I had to swerve in a lay by to get out of the way of a lorry that wanted to pass me, then a pedestrian walking his dog just walked out in front of me and I had to brake hard to avoid his dog.

But to top it all, I then had a car clip my handle bars with his door mirror. No damage done, but he did have the decency to stop and say sorry. Now I was going to have a few words with him, then I seemed to know his face.

It then dawned on me that he attended the weight loss surgery meeting that I was a guest at on Monday. When I took my cycling helmet off his face was a picture lol

He couldn't say sorry enough and said he would buy me a drink at our support group meeting tomorrow night.

The moral of the story is always think your own safety lol

Thank goodness you didn't call him all the names under the sun before you recognised him. My pet hate is people opening car doors of parked cars right in front of you :mad: You do have to be careful of people though, some who have road rage can be positively dangerous.

Reminds me of a friend who was driving along a country lane in Scotland behind a large lorry that was going at a snails pace. She got impatient and beeped her horn. No reaction so she beeped again and continued to do so until the lorry suddenly stopped, blocking the lane and two burly men got out looking really angry and approached her car. She was terrified but quick as a flash she rolled down her window and before they could say anything said, "Thank God you finally stopped! Something fell of the back of your lorry miles back and I have been trying to attract your attention." :D

Back