• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Bike

ladiedevilish

Hi I've seen lots of posts about people cycling, what bikes have you got? I've seen one in tesco for £70 26in ladies
Bike will that be ok or should I get a better one? Thanks x

Mine is just a cheapish one, same spec as yours, just make sure it have plenty of air in the tyres, because it really does make it easier to pedal.

I am just building up on my time with it before I upgrade to a better one.

Its great to get out and about and feel normal in the community.

Mine is just a cheapish one, same spec as yours, just make sure it have plenty of air in the tyres, because it really does make it easier to pedal.

I am just building up on my time with it before I upgrade to a better one.

Its great to get out and about and feel normal in the community.

invest in some tyres with less knobbly bits on as they sap your strength ;) halfords sell cheapish 26x1.90 road tyres

I got my bike from Argos last year cost me about 120 quid. I ride it to work weather permitting everyday. I had to stop walking to work as my achillies tendons REALLY started to hurt! Invest in a Good gel seat cover, cos there's nothing worse than the dreaded "bikers bum ache" (oh lordy, I got sore) LOL.
I can really see my legs toning up now, and I'm hoping I might even get to see my kneecaps:)

Thanks pg gonna go get one tomorrow!

Please don't waste your money buying crap cheap bikes. They are badly made, poorly assembled, heavy and just rubbish. You need to be looking at at least twice that for a half decent bike. You would be better off getting a decent second hand bike from a proper bike shop

spokes

I have heard its about how many spokes there are on the wheels that matter most. No less then 60 I have heard some people say, and these were people who knew their bike stuff.

Rosebun.x

Back