• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Sleeve Sorry, another fine day on the bike

Mixman

I sometimes feel a little guilty about posting these threads. I do so realising that not everything is going well for everybody and there are quite a few of you fighting for funding etc and it can't be hard reading these threads.

But today I've broke another barrier. The marathon one. I have cycled 28 miles today on the bike! Now my legs are tired and my backside sore but I am very happy.

I've been with my body nearly 39 years now and I know when it's at a limit. Right now! So this distance I am going to stick at for a couple of weeks or so, until my body gets used to it.

Next month I am planning on cycling from Hull to York. It's about 37 miles. Hopefully there are going to be a few from the car club I am in doing it.

I think it's really encouraging to hear how you and others are achieving better and better fitness, it's what we all want after all. I think it's a good thing to tell us about how you're doing, you should be proud of what you've accomplished and it's a great example to anyone going through this process at whatever stage, that they can attain a fit trim body and lifestyle too.

Did you ever think in June last year that you'd be cycling, let alone completing the distances you are doing?

You have every right to be proud of what you are achieving. Your an inspiration to us all.

Thank you:553:

Don't ever be sorry for posting such inspirational threads!
You must be so proud of yourself.
I am pre-op and I love to read such posts because it gives me hope that I will once again be able to cycle, walk long distances etc...
Now rest those legs!

Well done Mixxie! My bottie gets so sore on the bike that I can only do a couple of miles. It's those newly discovered bones-in-the-bum, 4 stone ago I didn't have them just some lovely padding!

:)Please keep posting your progress on the bike-
it might encourage me to get my bike out of the garage:)

Did you ever think in June last year that you'd be cycling, let alone completing the distances you are doing?

You have every right to be proud of what you are achieving. Your an inspiration to us all.

Thank you:553:

Not at all. I've said before, I've drove to Tescos at the end of the street before because I got that lazy!!

I've suprised even myself recently with just how much I want to do. But I have realised today that I really do need to take care. I didn't reach my limit, but I know much further may have been a bad move. THis distance is just right for now. Pushing myself, but not too far.

I hope I can give encouragement to others and not have people think "Oh, look at him, off again"

I agree with the others Mixxy, dont feel bad for posting of your success... it is inspiring for others to read of what can be achieved after WLS.

You have every right to be proud of what you are accomplishing. Keep up the great work. It will pay dividends when it comes to maintenance.

Please don't feel bad. You are very inspiring, at the moment I struggle with walking and this gives me hope reading your posts as to how well you are doing.

woo hoo!! well done u! xx

well done mixman, you have done fantastically well and you should be patting yourself on the back. stand tall mate you deserve it! well done! x

You are so inspirational! I am amazed at how you do it.

Six days post-op and I'm still having lots of pain from my wounds. Finding it hard enough to just walk around the house. I cannot begin to imagine getting my lard on to an exercise bike for five minutes, let alone 28 miles.

Well done!! You deserve every ounce of your success xx
:clap:

That's amazing! Wow what a long way you've come (excuse the pun :))

Back