• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Binge..........

All your food habits prior to the band exist, they did not operate on your brain. This is the hard part of this surgery, will power.

Remember if you binge you will destroy all your hard work...and you are doing well :)

No, they don't. I smelt toast the other day and was desperate for some. My lot are also having fish 'n' chips tomorrow for tea, so I am taking myself upstairs for a bath while they eat them.

No The desire doesn't go lol, Sometimes I find myself looking in the cupboards, even though I'm not really hungry, but if I really really need to have something I try and make sure its healthy like fruit.

the desire to binge and want bad foods never leaves the minds eye, if u try after surgery it will be a painfull experience as what the mind wants doesnt mean the physical can take the old cravings anymore.

liz x

no I can say hand on heart, the desire never goes away. Like someone said earlier they did not operate on the part of your brain that controls that desire, if they did we would have all had that op and not the band:p. I cant speak for anyone else, but personally, I have not overeaten to that extent since I had the band fitted. The pain in the chest and sickness prevents this from happening, and I am willing to do anything to avoid that experience (lol).
MNL;)

The desire doesn't go away, i dealt with this lasr week by having just the meat out of a KFC zinger burger, chewed it very very well and have not had 'cravings' since

i was a bad binger andhave only had one major slip few weeks ago and devoured a cheesecake admittdly took me all day ! i know better and and determined it wont happen again i usually work round it by eating something when the urge hits i know is not going to slid thru band for me its muffins 2 mouthfulls and im uncomfortable for a long time . but liz is right even if you want to you physical cant eat that much anymore

Back