• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BIO OIL!!!

is it reall oil from emus???

A Google search showed lots of outlets. Found one for emu oil here

i personally find emu oil better, but then again people mix both to get "better" results, i used both for my face (nose job scar) but I'm using the emu for my belly stretch marks and seems to be working fine, but as i said before.. i haven't tried BIO OIL, someone told me that cocoa butter is really good for stretch marks and elasticity, haven't tried it just yet :)

Hello,
I have tried it and it works. I had lots of scars because of acnea and they have faded. I now put it on everywhere, face and body and use nothing else.

I second the Emu Oil thing.

oooh Emu oil ... sounds :yuk: :sick0019:

I have started using bio-oil on my stomach scar this week. But have used it on my foot scar for 2 weeks now and I could see a difference within a few days (I actually thought I was imagining it so I got my daughter, son and son's gf to check it out and they all agreed).

Hoping it works on stomach scar as quickly :fingerscrossed:

Bio Oil does work well for me, but I can imagine any cheaper version of it to work exactly the same :)

Glad to hear it works, ive just spent nearly a tenner on a tiny bottle! lol

I use a few drops of baby oil in my bath, or put it on when still wet from the bath or shower. Really cheap and makes my skin super soft. :)

So much stuff to remember, oils for stretch marks and elasticity. As an older person (41) i need to think of this as apparently it might not shrink hmmm. Then diets beforehand etc...

I think i need to invest in a note book with all these hints and tips to make note of.

Keep up the good work folks!

How soon after your op can you use the bio oil? I am 5wks post op and have no scabs just my scar and have been thinking of using some form of oil in order to help with the healing process x

How soon after your op can you use the bio oil? I am 5wks post op and have no scabs just my scar and have been thinking of using some form of oil in order to help with the healing process x

I am 5 weeks 5 days post op and have been using bio oil on this scar for a few days (scab free) except for on the very ends of the scar where one stitch came out last week and the final one today, so i'm continuing to tape the ends and will oil them later - probably starting a week apart giving each end 2 wks to heal completely.

I've been using Bio oil for well over a year now because of some scarring on my legs. What I found easiest to do is drop some in your bath, especially if your big and have stretch marks in places you shouldn't like I have....:sigh:

I've not found it helps with elasticity but it does fade scars, the scars on my legs although still visible are nowhere near as red as they used to be.

Back