• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Firming cream

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
I brought some palmers firming butter today gonna use it twice a day along with bio oil from now b4 my op has anyone used these products? Was they any good? Is there another one u recommend? I know I'm gonna b left with saggy skin but every little helps fingers crossed with that and the gym and also drinking lots of water it won't b as bad as it would b if I didn't do anything x

I use the Palmers firming cream too. I dont use it as often as I should and Ive only been using about 2 months but I think it helps. The skin under my chin seems to have tightened a bit since using it :D It is worth trying anything that might help in my opinion :D XX

Your age will help,hasnt lost its natural elasticity like an older person.Also the fat cells havnt been abused as long either!

Laura, is that the one specifically for after pregnancy or weight loss?
I don't usually like the smell of cocoa buttery-type stuff but would be willing to give anything a go!
I think for me just getting into the habit of moisturising daily would be a benefit :eek:

Thanks hun! xXx

Hi Laura, I use Palmers and bio-oil and am also using up all those moisturisers I've been given as gifts at xmas etc. and have found that my skin is tightening better than I expected....I was really worried about my 'bingo wings' for a while but think they're finally tightening up.....I've still got a fair bit to go though so who knows what time will bring....

I've also been wearing a compression shirt every day since my op and definately think it helps tighten the skin.

Louanne79 said:
Laura, is that the one specifically for after pregnancy or weight loss?
I don't usually like the smell of cocoa buttery-type stuff but would be willing to give anything a go!
I think for me just getting into the habit of moisturising daily would be a benefit :eek:

It's for both after pregnancy and weight loss I too don't like the smell of coca butter product I think it smell to sickly, iv gotta b honest it is still that type of smell but not as strong iv put it on and my fella said I smell of a chocolate bar lol my son said I smell of hotchocolate but not wen it's made the powder lol but to b honest iv put loads on and it not to bad anythings worth a try xx

Big an Bouncy said:
Your age will help,hasnt lost its natural elasticity like an older person.Also the fat cells havnt been abused as long either!

Do u think?? I have heard that b4 and to b fair I lost 6 stone b4 pretty fast like i'n 6 months and I didn't have saggy skin although my arms (bingo wings) look like they will this time :-( I'm gonna try my best gonna moisturise 2x a day and drink plenty of water and gonna do some exercise at home until iv lost a bit then I'll b joining the gym thanks Hun xxx

dottychic said:
It is Lou, and it smells totally different to the cocoa butter one :D XX

Do u think dotty?? I thought it smelt the same only not as strong!! Then again the only other coca butter one I've used b4 is one for wen ur pregnant so maybe that's wat I think it smells of xx

Its true, your age will deffinately help :D The younger you are the more elasticity you have in your skin.....Im getting on so mine doesnt zing back!! Gutted lol ;) XX

Oh no, I think it smells totally different :eek: lol...I use the other one all the time too on my legs and I wasnt sure I like the firming one at first but Ive got used to it now....must be different sense of smell :D XX

biggy123 said:
Hi Laura, I use Palmers and bio-oil and am also using up all those moisturisers I've been given as gifts at xmas etc. and have found that my skin is tightening better than I expected....I was really worried about my 'bingo wings' for a while but think they're finally tightening up.....I've still got a fair bit to go though so who knows what time will bring....

I've also been wearing a compression shirt every day since my op and definately think it helps tighten the skin.

Wats a compression shirt? Where do u get them from? I wonder if there's something like that that we could sleep i'n that would help?
I'm using both palmers and bio oil and also iv brought moisturising shower gels and a moisturiser u put on wen ur wet ( I got it for Christmas it's lush) hope this all helps I'm drinking plenty if water to as I heard this helps xx

dottychic said:
Its true, your age will deffinately help :D The younger you are the more elasticity you have in your skin.....Im getting on so mine doesnt zing back!! Gutted lol ;) XX

I'm sure using the creams will help though Hun... I hope this is true about my age fingers crossed hey!! thanks Hun x

dottychic said:
Oh no, I think it smells totally different :eek: lol...I use the other one all the time too on my legs and I wasnt sure I like the firming one at first but Ive got used to it now....must be different sense of smell :D XX

I've not used the original one only the one wen I was pregnant so maybe that's y lol xx

Laura b said:
It's for both after pregnancy and weight loss I too don't like the smell of coca butter product I think it smell to sickly, iv gotta b honest it is still that type of smell but not as strong iv put it on and my fella said I smell of a chocolate bar lol my son said I smell of hotchocolate but not wen it's made the powder lol but to b honest iv put loads on and it not to bad anythings worth a try xx

Thanks hun. Yeah, I find Cocoa Butter /Shea Butter really sickly - I'm more of a coconut girl, but like I say - I'll try anything! :D

Louanne79 said:
Thanks hun. Yeah, I find Cocoa Butter /Shea Butter really sickly - I'm more of a coconut girl, but like I say - I'll try anything! :D

Me too I love coconut things and iv just got a lovely gift set and the creams and body polishers are lush forgot the name but they r beautiful I'll have a look later and post it xx

A compression garment is a REALLY tight shirt/vest/shorts etc. but also really stretchy that holds in all your 'wobbly' bits and firms it. I've bought tops from the USA and UK and to be honest have found the ASDA ones the best ...sleeves and body are slightly longer than others.

I've worn one since day one of my op and feel it has really helped.

A lot of sports shops sell them for under football strips etc but not sure they are as firm as the ones marketed as compression garments.

Check out this guy on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIz18w4G73o
**Note that he only started wearing his shirt AFTER he lost the weight but says that if he had worn it from the start his skin would have firmed up as he lost weight.

Just before Christmas I saw ones that had been specially designed for ladies with the bust area open so as not to compress that area too much.

Laura b said:
Me too I love coconut things and iv just got a lovely gift set and the creams and body polishers are lush forgot the name but they r beautiful I'll have a look later and post it xx

Cheers me dear! x

Back