• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Birmingham Heartlands & Band fills

claire36uk

I am having my Band done at Birmingham Heartlands and i live in Northamptonshire, will i need to travel to Birmingham to have Band fills done once i have had the operation or will my local hospital do them, I am having it done on the NHS. If any one can answer this i would be very greatful. Also has any one that is under Birmingham Heartlands had any problems with the Bariatric returning your calls? I have called them up twice now for advice and left my details and nobody has called me back :mad:

Hi, it firstly depends on which PCT have funded your surgery, and secondly if you have any hospitals nearby that do bariatric surgery and fills. I would say you would have to come to Birmingham for your first fill but if you have a hospital near home that does them then you may be able to transfered there for aftercare.

One thing to bear in mind is that fills are not as simple as they may sound. You would be better traveling for a fill with someone that is highly experienced rather than someone someone who is less experienced. I am not familiar with Northampton's bariatric history.

Back