• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr Kumar/ Heartlands

tink1974

Hi

I am having my bypass done in 2 weeks at heartlands in birmingham. My consultant is Mr Kumar.

Has anyone been had their bypass done by Mr Kumar? What is Heartlands like (I am from N.Ireland so have never been there)?

Thanks
x

Hi Hun
Good luck with ur surgery, I'm also havin a bypass by mr kumar at heartlands hospital I carnt answer ur question really as I ain't had it done yet but iv met mr kumar who is a lovely man he's so nice, also heartlands hospital is a good hospital, I had my baby there in may and all the staff was incredible it's had a lot of work done to it over the last few yrs and compared to 7 yrs ago wen I had my first son it's improved 100% I was worried about goin bk this time and I almost changed hospitals but plzd I didn't and I went there because it was lovely!!
I know it's different departments but I'm
Sure it be lovely!! Best ppl to ask on here is Angela ( bubblyang) or steve (Rambo) ang had a bypass and steve a sleeve that's who I get all my info off and now I know ur having it done I'll b asking u lol good luck and keep u's posted xxx

Thanks Gaynor. Laura thats great to hear thats its a good hospital. I met Mr Kumar in Belfast back in Feb and he seemed really nice. Still cant believe that this time 2 weeks i will be in birmingham!

Well good luck I don't live far from the hospital about 20 minute to half hour drive so if u need anything don't hesitate to get in contact ok xxxx

aw thanx - appreciate it. Me and mum are flying to birmingham - staying in premier inn on hagley road. Do you know if its close enough for my mum to walk to go shopping at bullring if she wants :)

I don't think it b close enough to walk Hun but it's only a five minute drive I think or there b a bus hagley road is a massive road so depends which end u r!! Either way there's lots of buses which run down that road all that go into town so she deffo b able to visit the bullring xx

Well Tink you will be in good hands, As Laura said Mr Kumar is a very lovely man and a brilliant surgeon, so dont worry he will get you sorted.... All the best for your operation and hope you enjoy your brief stay in Birmingham..... hugs

hi tink
can confirm all the above mr kumar is a great sergeon and the staff on the ward were fantastic with me i had my opp on the thursday and home at 6.30pm the next day. i felt great have no problems recermending heartlands all the best with ur opp girl
regards steve x

Thanks everyone - thats very reassuring. Cant wait now - this time 2 weeks it will all be over :)

thanks jacqui x

Back