• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Birmingham Meet 25th April - WLS meet at 11.30am

Dee - we will meet B44 again sometime soon. Maybe we'll all come for a manicure or something? lol!

Zetacatty - we'll have a coffee for you hun x

Great - white, no sugar! I'll be thinking of you. Zxx :)

Just wanted to say how wonderful it was to meet so many people today. It was a fantastic turnout. We should try to make it a regular thing xx

Agreed Sam, it was a fantastic meet and I am soooo pleased and grateful that PG and HC came. Their advice and experiences were inspirational.

For those who were unable to come, HC brought along some of her old clothes and even modelled a dress for us. It simply swamps her now!

PG took lots of photos so hopefully she will post up when she is home and had a rest.

I do believe that PG and HC were off to explore the Bull Ring and do some serious retail therapy. Rach went off in search of handbag and earrings too!

Thanks to the following for making it such a great meet:

Phatgirl
Hopelesscase
Tesmaralda
Wannalose8stone
Naughtypuppy & Adam
Uglyduck16 & Mom
Craftyfox
Waynetta, her poorly eye and OH
njs74 & family
sbfpurplepixie and OH

I don't think I have missed anyone out, if I have, then please do accept my sincere apologies.

I think we'll prolly do another one after the Manchester meet, which is on 27th June.

Last edited:
You do realise because i couldn;t make it that you brum lot will HAVE to come up to manc now?

Red, thanks for organising this. It was a great meet. Hopefully there will be even more of us next time. The venue was perfect and they were great with letting us shift all the tables etc.

27th June Sam :D

Red, thanks for organising this. It was a great meet. Hopefully there will be even more of us next time. The venue was perfect and they were great with letting us shift all the tables etc.

Aaaargh! I forgot two more attendees!

Soontobethinsue and baby Ruby!

How could I have forgotten them?

Sue is going for her op on Sunday too, so best of luck to her.

Yes Sam, the venue is perfect and I think we will deffo do another there (they have asked for the recipe for my carrot cake).

In the meantime, fancy a trip to Manchester in June? Shel says we have to! ;)

Hi lads and lasses
well after leaving you and trying to get something to eat and everwhere being packed we decided that the need for food outweighed the need for retail theray. and decided to head back to the car and stop at the services. we stopped for 20 mins and have just literally got home after one hold up after another.
was it worth it? hell yes what a fantastic bunch of people and there wasnt even any need for an interprater.
really nice to meet each and every one of you and if i didnt get to speak to you sorry make sure i do next time.
sam thanks for the surgestion of bringing some of my old clothes along i have never tried any of them on since and i am astounded at the difference as you dont see it on yourself.
looking forward to the manc meet already
carole

27th June Sam :D

I didnt realise there had been a meet organised. Is there a thread I have missed? Ive not read everything since being at work. I'll go a searching now.

Hi lads and lasses
well after leaving you and trying to get something to eat and everwhere being packed we decided that the need for food outweighed the need for retail theray. and decided to head back to the car and stop at the services. we stopped for 20 mins and have just literally got home after one hold up after another.
was it worth it? hell yes what a fantastic bunch of people and there wasnt even any need for an interprater.
really nice to meet each and every one of you and if i didnt get to speak to you sorry make sure i do next time.
sam thanks for the surgestion of bringing some of my old clothes along i have never tried any of them on since and i am astounded at the difference as you dont see it on yourself.
looking forward to the manc meet already
carole

Aww Carole, sounds like youve had a long journey back. Sorry to hear that, but so grateful you made the long trek to see us.

It was so wonderful to see you and Nic. Both of you are even more beautiful in real life and you are both a glowing picture of health. If I do as well as you with my weight loss I will be so happy.

It was lovely to see you all, well what I could see anyways :) I will definately look forward to the next meet too. Glad you got home safely Nic & carole. Take care all. xxxx

Hi everyone, have just stepped in the door from the meet. It was lovely seeing you all & btw the location for the meet was perfect and scenic. I will be posting some pics soon as I was the only shutterbug!

To my newly met but already know friends: Angela, you look fanatastic wouldn't guess you were only 3weeks post-op, well done. Write a book, seriously I might even buy two copies! Sam my twin, you are a just as lovely as I imagined only wished I could have tucked you in my bag and brought you home with me, you saw my bag, you know I could probably done it! Terri now that I have met you I demand to take credit for you! I'm counting the days until you are a loser too! Sue, so glad you & the babe made it out, was lovely to meet you. Robbie, yes I think us fae folk (fairy & pixie) should definately stick together. John, you are crafty and look amazing after dropping so much of the old you! Allie, looking forward to seeing you and your dear hubby in my neck of the woods in June, I bet you'll be so much smaller by then. Keep the faith hun, the weight gone really does show even if you don't see it yourself! Rachel, nice to meet you and remember all good things come to those who wait as they say, it is soooo worth the wait. Emily, hoping you are feeling much better soon, it was nice chatting with you and your mother. Neil, so happy to have met you & your wife and looking forward to hearing about you becoming a 'loser' next month.

As ever, the tiny and fab Carole made the trip lots of fun and what could have been a nightmare (4 hours stuck in traffic on the way back) was made bearable because I was with her.

Hopefully I didn't forget anyone, if I did, it was just because everyone was so lovely that I was overwhelmed. Cheers everyone, wish I could have spent more time with you all and I look forward meeting up again soon.

Hugs all around:grouphugg::grouphugg:,
Nic:D:D:D

hi everyone, I was lovely to meet you today. Ruby seemed to have a thing for the men!! Bless her. Well got everything for the hospital now and only just got home form a long shopping trip. I though I would take advantage of the sunshine and being able to walk long enough to do that again.

Thanks for the mention Red, My op is on Thursday with the infamous Mr Super!!

glad you got all the shopping you need Sue. Remember to let me know how it goes on Thursday so I can let your Minimins family know that all is well xx

Nic, I know your bag was big, but not sure it is quite big enough to accomodate me. Perhaps post op I may be able to squeeze in there.

Sorry your journey home was horrid and look forward to seeing you at the manchester meet in June xx

Doh! I didn't even get your op day right! What am I like? Muh! Glad you got your shopping done. It's like getting ready for a new arrival, isn't it? lol!

Carole & Nic,

I am sorry you had such a bad journey back. Next time, we will book a table somewhere for lunch, I think. I know some nice places and very reasonably priced. We can't have you going hungry, yer already skinny minnies! lol!

O! Thinking on a bit, we should consider a December Brum meet - the German market comes to town in December from our twin town, Frankfurt!

Back