• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Birmingham Meet 25th April - WLS meet at 11.30am

Hey Sue thats fine. I guess with the amount of people going we will be there for quite a while.

Im really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Also, anyone mind if I bring my daughter (she is only 16 months). I shall be shopping after for hospital stuff.

oooohhhh yes please I love babies!!! hehehe!!!! :D:D I have got a level 2 childcare qualification and work with pre-school aged children but I do miss working with babies, they are my favourite age group!!

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone ;)

:party0011: Xxx Lizzie xxX :party0011:

Hiya Lizzie... noticed you have started posting again the past few days. How are you getting on hun?

I'll be the tall skinny one :D

sorry, couldn't resist, I've never been able to say that before!

Hiya
I am doing OK...I am about 4months on now since my op and have lost 4stone and am on target. I am not finding it easy though, it is a very emotional journey.
After my operation, I did think naively that it would do all the work for me because I was not hungry or interested in food at all, but now it is very different and all the old behavioural habits are still there and I have got to learn to work with it and in a way it is like learning to eat again. I am trying to be mindful about getting all my protein into my diet, which can be hard sometimes getting the right amount, but I am trying to look at the backs of labels to see how much protein is in there.
I do still turn to 'comfort foods' when I am stressed out/fed up/in pain etc and I know this is something that I really need to work on to change and find other ways of dealing with it.
Having this op has totally changed my life though, and it was definitely on of the best decisions I have ever made and I am so pleased I have had this done- it actually feels like I AM going to get there and that there is a slim and healthy me in the future that I am getting closer to all the time!! :D
I have attached a couple of piccies- one is of me before I had my op at my heaviest and the other is of me now, where I have just been on a holiday in Palma :cool:
:party0011: Xxx Lizzie xxX :party0011:

Attachments

• New phone November 2008 001.jpg
    New phone November 2008 001.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Palma 039.jpg
    Palma 039.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 29
Lizzie you look so much healthier in the second photo! You can see signs of organ strain in your before piccie, but not in the second. Huge improvement, well done :)

Have you thought about popping on to the Bypass Daily Menus thread and recording what you eat? Sometimes it helps to see it written down, and if you want feedback you can ask for it. Or try a website like www.foodfocus.co.uk where you can log everything you eat for free and it breaks it down into calories/fat/carbs/protein etc.

Wow Lizzie, your pictures show that you are doing great hun. Shel has given some excellent advice. I guess its going to be a constant battle trying to eat healthily. Theres nothing wrong with a little of what you fancy - as long as you keep working towards your goals and dont lose sight of them.

You mean a bucket?

Red, how was your brunch? Where did ya go?

Terri can hide behind her coffee 'mug'....

We went to Maccy D's as OH's son won't eat owt else. I love Café Rouge, but since I am not eating yet, it doesn't really matter.

What a lovely sunny day it is! :D

I bet they would Terri!

Red its a beautiful sunny day. Best day of the year so far I reckon. Neil has been out hoovering the cars while Ive been getting the housework all up to date and sorting out my wardrobe.

Not heard from Natalie, but you did mention the meet in the WM thread so if she's been online she's bound to have seen it. What date was her op though? Might be a bit soon for her?

Natalie... if you are reading... hope you can join us in brum on Saturday hun xx

Back