• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Birthday while pre-op dieting

Adorabelle

Hey everyone! My op date is in a couple of weeks and I've half heatedly dieted so far. I'm revving up my engines (and ordered some lean protein drinks to make it easier) and upping my diet a notch, going full"lean Dukan" and diet shakes for the two next weeks. However...I'll turn 25 (read 35) :D next week and I'd like to celebrate a bit. My BF suggested a seafood restaurant as oysters, mussels and such won't be fattening on my diet, as long as I skip the mayonnaise.:p
What do you think?

My Pre op diet starts this Saturday and my birthday is next Thursday, so its all or nothing for me, i hope next year for my birthday the going without will be worth it :)
Hope all goes well for you. Take care

I'd celebrate early, good luck :) x

from me phone :D

if it fits in with your pre-op guidelines ... If not then don't - wh would you want to risk either the surgery not going ahead. I had my 40th on liquids only, but this is a change we make for life and its not something to do half heartedly at any point!

It's my 30th birthday on Monday and I'm on purée/ liquids only as i will be just over two weeks post op at time I plan to stick to it and have told everyone that I can't an won't be having a birthday meal or cake or any food presents. Change for life. But having said that if it fits in your pre op diet than go for it. My pre op diet was milk and water only. Good luck and happy birthday ?

Stick to whatever ish exactly on your pre-op diet. You will have so many more thinner birthdays in the years to come.

Thanks for the advice, girls, I think it's best to stick with the diet. This morning I was wondering what I wanted to have as a Birthday gift and my instant thought was a thinner body". Even my mind is against my initial idea of going out with BF...
Thanks for the support!

Well, I've been on protein shakes + lights steak and salad dinners for 3 days now and feeling great. You know the feeling when ketosis kicks in. I am unable to weight myself as my scale conked out (BF weights himself too often. He is trying to GAIN weight and reach 145 lbs for his 6'1 frame.Life is unfair!) and I was not tepmted to cheat on my birthday since my daughter was ill. One and a half more week to go!

:eek:
Well, I've been on protein shakes + lights steak and salad dinners for 3 days now and feeling great. You know the feeling when ketosis kicks in. I am unable to weight myself as my scale conked out (BF weights himself too often. He is trying to GAIN weight and reach 145 lbs for his 6'1 frame.Life is unfair!) and I was not tepmted to cheat on my birthday since my daughter was ill. One and a half more week to go!

Hi is the feeling great/ketosis sarcasm - or are you really feeling great?! I can't tell :eek: x

:eek:

Hi :) is the feeling great/ketosis sarcasm - or are you really feeling great?! I can't tell :eek: x

I'm actually feeling great, on the verge of hyper! I do not feel sluggish in the morning as I usually do because I munch on sweet biscuits watching TV on afternoons. I am not starving at 11 am, the little weight I lost eased my back pain. And Ikick a** during meetings! I DO have ketosis breath, but I chew sugar free gum during the day (not more than 3 pieces*: day). I am amazed at having no cravings at all....I feel so motivated! I don't think I've lost much weight according to my clothes, but hey, I'm only starting!

Back