• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Debs ramblings about her NHS sleeve...

Debs!

No change on cholesterol despite a change in diet. Not on statins as yet!

I have gained 3-4 pounds and this is driving me mad currently as I cannot shift those either

Have secured more psychological support and seeing if that's what I need to do - compliment the fixed tummy with a fixed head/brain!!!

Hope everyone is well

FeeBee

Well no statins is a good thing but sorry you are struggling a bit psychologically but it's great you've got some support in place x

Debs!

Just a quick pop by.

I am 4 weeks from being 2 years post surgery.

I've had a difficult couple of months food wise. My restriction is still there - large meals still defeat me. Still cannot drink fizzy and if I drink to quickly after food I am certainly acutely aware! So that's all good I guess.

However, I always said I was not cured - I was an obese lady in remission.

I've found I am snacking more as it's easier to do. I biscuit here. A few crisps here. A bit of this and a bit of that. Easily done and it never tests the restriction as the amounts are small quantity but poor nutrition and usually higher calories. So I've gained half a stone as a result.

Not the world end I know. But is fairly annoying that I've removed 80% of an otherwise healthy stomach to deal with my obesity and even after that I've found a way to wreck it a wee bit.

So I had a melt down last month and have tried to fix things again. Back to basics. Recording everything I eat and pushing myself to be more mindful about what i stuff into my gob!

I would like to shift the 5lbs over my lowest so I can hit my operation anniversary at my lowest. That would still leave me 15lbs from my goal but it's about setting goals which are not overwhelming and I feel I can reach that one.

I am back at Walsall Manor to see the psychologist in July - my appointment is on my 50th birthday. Weird way to celebrate !!

Good luck to everyone wherever you are on your journey.

FeeBee

Hey @Debs! It's great to hear from you. I'm having to keep an eye on the snacking too, it's a life long journey isn't it? Good luck! I'm sure you can meet you 2 year anniversary goal x

Summer1992

Hi Debs,

Sorry that you're struggling at the moment, we all have our highs and lows. You sound like you know what the problem is though so I'm sure you'll get back on track. I hope the meeting with the psychologist goes well. Hope to hear updates soon :)