• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting pre-op diet early...

Best of luck mighty! I've just completed week one of 3 LSD and I was amazed to find I'd lost half a stone. Just scared to get cancelled now :( x

Well done , half a stone is amazing. Good luck with your surgery. My fingers and toes are crossed that you don't have a cancelation. What hospital are you going through?

Hi just been reading through your thread, I have also started pre-op earlier, milk pre op my hospital only require for 10days prior but with me being 400lb still i want to make sure its shrunk liver however, i may add a meal next week before im due to start it properly or just eat sensibly again lol. I lost some before hand as required but 7lbs in the 2 days i have been on this LSD...i was amazed. I am very tired tho i could not think about exercising walking round the shops yesterday was bad enough so good on ya! x
Wow, 7lbs in 2 days, that's fantastic. A great loss so far. Keep up the good work !!! The exercise bit is hard, specially with limited calorie in take, so have swapped to every other day. Good luck with your diet going forward, from what what you already done I can see your going to have amazing results

Last edited:
It's Dewsbury yorks and there have been a few cancellations to emergencies recently. Thank you though and I'll cross everything for yours to go ahead too :) x

Only a few more days to go!!!! I wish I could have food in my pre op, nope all liquids. I'm a bit miserable Mandy today, but your post brought me some cheer. Peace & Blessings to you.

Only a few more days to go!!!! I wish I could have food in my pre op, nope all liquids. I'm a bit miserable Mandy today, but your post brought me some cheer. Peace & Blessings to you.

Your almost there, and this was the hardest part for me, the pre-op diet.

I had to do mine for 4 weeks on Slimfast and broth, but looking back it was a drop in the ocean time wise and well worth it.

Hi I am starting my pre op diet today , I am lucky my diet sheet says u can do days of either milk diet, liquid replacement or low cal food option and mix them , so could do few days of each option, which seems easier and not so boring , I will see how I go ,

Hope your all doing well on your pre ops, this is third day of my proper pre op milk diet. I'm soo struggling and a have a party tonight to attend and i really dont feel like it but dont wanna let people down x

Your almost there, and this was the hardest part for me, the pre-op diet.

I had to do mine for 4 weeks on Slimfast and broth, but looking back it was a drop in the ocean time wise and well worth it.

4 weeks would've been nightmare. Ive been doing protein and broth along with other liquids.

Mighty wishing you all the best for your surgery for tomorrow hun. You will be fine xx ps dont forget your dry mouth spray! X

Mighty wishing you all the best for your surgery for tomorrow hun. You will be fine xx ps dont forget your dry mouth spray! X

Thanks Sharona, am sort of freaking out, but I just need to get through today, then because I'm in early tomorrow, tomorrow will fly by. I haven't managed to find any dry mouth spray anywhere, just breath freshener, where did you get yours from?

Need to pop to the shops anywho (just to pre-occupy some time) so can pick some up

Thanks Sharona, am sort of freaking out, but I just need to get through today, then because I'm in early tomorrow, tomorrow will fly by. I haven't managed to find any dry mouth spray anywhere, just breath freshener, where did you get yours from? Need to pop to the shops anywho (just to pre-occupy some time) so can pick some up
Go to boots it around £2.99 small bottle it lightly pepper minted! You will find it comes in handy. Plus lip balm so dring. Dont forget also to take your sleep apnea machine if you use one. As i had to take mine to theatre. You will be fine! Please let us know soon as if you are ok? X

picked some up, thanks. Was last one on the shelf!! Phew.

Just doing some last min tidying up, my mothers abit worried as I've planned to come back to mine and I live alone, would you say you Deffo needed someone there the first week out?
Mom has said that she will pop in and see me to help out.
I am pretty set on sleeping/resting in my own bed, and not a fold out bed at the folks place.

picked some up, thanks. Was last one on the shelf!! Phew. Just doing some last min tidying up, my mothers abit worried as I've planned to come back to mine and I live alone, would you say you Deffo needed someone there the first week out? Mom has said that she will pop in and see me to help out. I am pretty set on sleeping/resting in my own bed, and not a fold out bed at the folks place.
Best to have some around first week at least! Keep mobilizing and wear your ted stockings ! You cant sleep on a camp bed too uncomfortable! Drink loads to !! Sip sip sip!! Xx

Hey vickster, I'm doing ok, just on the purée stage atm, but can move onto soft foods in a couple of days (yippee)

I'm not exactly sure how much weight I shld be losing at the moment, but all seems abit slow. Prob cause of constipation still but I'm at the doctors tomorrow so hopefully will get something to sort that out soon.

3 weeks post op

Loss stands at
first week - 4kg
Second week - 2kg
Third week tba- currently only weigh myself on a sat so will know this sat how much I've lost this week.

Back