• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Blergggghhh.... day 2 milk diet!

Cath860

I'm in something of a shame spiral at the moment. I read loads of threads about the pre-op diet before I started. 'Easy' - I thought - I'll have no problem with it at all. This is not the case!!

I don't mind milk as a rule, but I couldn't get 4 pints down yesterday, I only managed two. I'm now sitting looking at the iced latte I've made and almost hurling.

Weirdly, it also shows me what a huge part of daily life food was for me. Not just the amount of time spent actually eating, but the meal planning, the shopping, preparing (ok and fantasising too). Without that, time is going really slowly.

I know the first couple of days are the worst, so hopefully I'll get better at this!

Hiya - I was a bander not bypass, but I couldnt do the milky thing at all. I did high protein low carb 1000 calories a day on mine, got the yoghurts and milk in at breakfast, shake for lunch and fish steamed veg at dinner. Like you I like the planning stuff and this left me chance to. My surgeon commented that my liver had shrunk well and looked healthy (but that may be down to me not really drinking!). Hope you find a way through that avoids hurling(!) apparently by day 3 you will feel much better. Tracey xxx

Hi, I had my band fitted yesterday, but did the milk diet from choice for 2 weeks pre-op. I have to say, I struggled to get that amount of milk down me, and as such made NAS jelly with milk so it gave me something to eat, rather than drink and I found this really helped. Are you having yoghurt with yours or just milk?

I found tho, that I struggled to get down more than 2 pints of milk per day . . .but then also found the first couple of days the hardest, after that, I didnt feel hungry, and it seemed to sail along nicely . . .

Hang in there :)

Thanks guys and congrats on your great progress! Kat you're doing well to be online already!! Fab!

Yes I'm only on milk - nothing more solid. I find it a bit unnatural - I do like to chew!!!! Good idea to milk up a NAS jelly, I shall make some now for later on! Cath

I found the milk jellies really helped, and would have one for lunch and dinner, it helped rather than having to drink the milk. I also had 2 small yoghurts and quite often popped that on top of the jelly for it to be more filling, but if you're not having yoghurts thats out . . .

Someone also suggested mixing their stock cube in with milk, to make it like a savoury drink. But as I didnt like them with water, I wasn't going to even attempt that one LOL

Hey, today I day one of my yogurt diet- I can have unlimited low fat yogurts and half a pint of milk- problem is I'm very fussy when it comes to yogurts. I see exactly what you mean by time goes more slowly! xxx

I found having sugar free jelly with each yogurt made it more of a meal and I was full up afterwards.

Now on day 4 of pre-op milk diet - getting better with it but surprised how many pints of milk 4 is - I'm sure someone keeps filling the bottle. I'm also making up the sugar free jellies so I have 5 small ones (one pack) per day. I've bought the strawberry sugar free Crusha - Waitrose - and that helps with milk boredom. Hunger pangs should subside before long which is always a plus. Also having the water and oxo. Fancied a can of diet coke but can't bear the thought of it mixing with all that milk :-( will be so worth it in the end.

Vespa said:
I'm only allowed 1 jelly a day! :( x

Does that mean one pack = 1 pint or just one small jelly? I'm so surprised at the different pre-op diets ax I thought they were all the same - living and learning thanks to this site I may add.

My diet is 4pts of milk a day, plus 2pts water/tea/coffee anything else diet and non-fizzy (farewell forever caffeine-free Diet coke, sob), and 1 salty drink. If desperate, one NAS jelly (up to a pint I think). For two weeks.

I don't really like jelly sadly, so it's not a huge help. But I have made one up with milk in case that improves it for me. I have just made a chai tea with hot milk, chai tea bag and a drop of caramel sugar-free syrup. That was quite nice and got me a bit further through the milk supply for today - I haven't even managed a pint today yet!!

Week 4 of my milk diet and a stone and a half gone, I did the 1000 cal a day diet for a week but switched back to milk diet as I missed the weight loss, not long to go now. Must admit its really hard, I cheated a couple of time, but chucked all the food I had around the house out to stop the temptation, lucky I live alone :)

Cath860 said:
My diet is 4pts of milk a day, plus 2pts water/tea/coffee anything else diet and non-fizzy (farewell forever caffeine-free Diet coke, sob), and 1 salty drink. If desperate, one NAS jelly (up to a pint I think). For two weeks.

I don't really like jelly sadly, so it's not a huge help. But I have made one up with milk in case that improves it for me. I have just made a chai tea with hot milk, chai tea bag and a drop of caramel sugar-free syrup. That was quite nice and got me a bit further through the milk supply for today - I haven't even managed a pint today yet!!

Same diet as me - luckily I love milk - may not be saying that in a couple of weeks tho lol.

Weirdly I feel better today - whether that's the power of positive thinking, or the fact that I've lost 2lbs in 2 days....who knows!!

Ha I'm the same! Lost 2lbs also! Just makes time go so slowly and I have no energy at all :( x

Haha yeah it does make you do silly things like housework :p lol! I slept for 12 hours last night it made me so tired! xxx

I was told to do a 1000 cal liquid diet so i'm having 2 slim fasts, 1 can heinz soup and 2 cup a soups and lots of NAS squash.

Back