• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Started the Milk Diet

Good luck Donna, thinking of you...

Tell him to go out with his chinese meal and you stick to your plan...

He'll wake up to you when he sees the weight dropping off...

Love, hugs and good luck, Bev xxx

Ha angie - thats just what I want to hear too! Not B****** H*** we could not work round THAT!!!!

Just to reassure you: my liver wasn't particularly small even after my 10 days milk diet, which I stuck to rigidly! But my surgeon said it wasn't a worry anyway.

You're all doing so well and you're going to be great! There are so many of you having your ops in September, I'm losing track!

..... ive had to sit here and watch the hubby eat a chinese it was HARD.

Hey Donna,

The best way really is to keep busy, isn't it? I'm finished work wise now though....op on Tuesday & day 11 of my liver-shrinking diet..it will be hard again this weekend. Not found it too bad really although harder than I thought, and yesterday evening I was absolutely starving, I could have eaten a scabby horse between two bread vans.

You OH sounds as much of a charmer as mine & my daughter, sat there asking 'What's for tea, Mum?'...yes, expecting me to cook for them :mad: even though I'd been warning them for weeks they would have to fend for themselves! Also, they are terrible for eating scrummy stuff in front of me, the utter b******s. I just don't think they've got any idea how hard it is! Thank goodness I'm nearly there or I fear violence in the near future!

Last edited:
Now you have made me laugh LOL.

Im still making their (hubby and daughter) dinner i have a guest staying too for a week, so im having to feed him also.

I am making them things i dont like, then im not tempted LOL Cowards way out but it works.

Im glad were all close together at least we can have lots of support. I cant wait 11 days and counting.

Wow you have yours on Tuesday, so close now are you excited or nervous ?
My nerves havent started kicking in yet.

Cant Believe it !!!!

I cant believe it !!

I went to Ikea today to get a few bits and bobs and they were doing a charity event in aid of Birmingham childrens hospice.

We decided to have a go on the tombola, i onyl win the grand price of a HUGE food hamper. I cant believe it ive only won cuz i cant have it.

I feel excitied for winning the grand prize but gutted i cant have any of it and it all looks so nice :-(

Anyway how are all we pre oppers, not long to go now.

I have lost 6lb so far.

Oh thats lovely, even though you cant have any lol! That would be my luck! If it wasnt for bad luck I wouldnt have any luck atall :eek: Hows the pre-op going? I would say its gotten a bit easier but its still evil! x

aww thanks, Pre op going ok not finding it too bad at the moment.

Took Daughter for a happy meal (Mcdoanlds) drive thru and it was i could smell it in the car. Now that was evil.

I so love my food but this is going to change my Life !!

i onyl win the grand price of a HUGE food hamper

:8855:...well you've got to laugh haven't you, that really is sod's law! I would stash that hamper away until Xmas...then you can sample some of it too & it would give your family an idea of what you went through before your op...evil aren't I? Snigger snigger:D

Hi to everyone struggling along like me! I am now counting backwards . . rather than 'I have done this diet for x no of days' it is now (after today) 'ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT'!!!!!:D I am now allowing myself now to think about life after the op. My dietician who is lovely, told me how I will stop craving food (I do crave food even when I am not hungry just because it is there and looks nice) and also that my craving for sugar should be quelled :eek: That will be quite something as I have been a 3 sugars in my tea/coffee girl all my life!! I can confess to all of you that up until now I put sugar on my weetabix (lots) and even in yoghurt (I like the crunchyness!) so unless i fancy a life of dumping or sitting in the loo this could cure me pretty fast!:8855: I am going shopping tomorrow to buy stuff to make stewed apple (to go with a bit of custard), soggy cauliflower cheese, chicken/veg soup etc - this will give me something to do and I am going to freeze it in ice cube trays ready for the puree stage! Any other ideas what purees I can make ready? Perhaps I should ask that on another thread . .

Oooo, well done you on getting organised, I did that last weekend too! I have loads of frozen ice-cubed-pureed food in the freezer ready for when I can get onto that stage! I made a salmon & broccoli pie, cauliflower cheese, cottage pie, chicken & veg in gravy & chicken & veg in a couple of chicken tonight sauces and finally spag bol (no pasta, just the meat). I reduced the carbs by using turnip & carrot mash in place of the potatos. Dunno if I will be able to manage any of it, but want to try & eat properly from the start rather than pick at random food. The thought of it all sat in my freezer waiting for me is keeping me going!

Angie that is great - thanks! I have never been very organised on the food front - that is how I am probably as I am now. Just wait till I am starving then grab whatever is there or get a takeaway and when I am starving I then eat three times more than I should. My own portion usually and then anything OH or girls might leave!
Will add salmon to the shopping list that sounds a good idea and is easily 'mushed'! Where is everyone else with next Tuesday as their date having their ops? Anyone else in Harrow?

I have mine a week on wed, but dont have op till the thursday :-(

Seems like so long away now compared to you both.

Im having mine done at Walsall Manor Staffs.

Mine seems ages away, a week on sunday I go in, op on the monday at Salford Royal, purleeesssssssseeee come quick :D x

Dotty yours is 3 days before me, oh well i hope you squeeze up to mkae some room on the losers bench for me...

Are any of you getting nervous now ?

Im feeling ok kinda excitied.

Back