• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Started the Milk Diet

Donna R

Well, i started my Milk Diet today.

So far i have had 3 muller light yogurts and 1 1/2 pints of milk.

At the moment im not finding it too bad and i dont feel hungry YET..

I do feel slightly tired thou but i have done 10 hours at work.

Oh good luck Donna you are doing well, how long do you have to do it for.

Good luck anyway.:)

Well done Donna, All the milk diets are so different arent they? How many yoghurts are you allowed? Im on day 3 and finding it a real struggle! x

Other people have said it gets easier after day 3 .......Im day 3 today so hopefully over the worst :D You are doing great Angie, not long for you now! x

Hey Dottychic, I'm not just saying that, it does get a bit easier, but I must admit, it has been harder than I thought but I haven't cheated...been positively angelic in fact (but have definitely been a bit of an irritable cow!!!). I know, I can't believe it's almost here, these last few weeks have flown by. You're just a few days after me aren't you? xx

Mines the 27th...........cant come soon enough lol. I didnt think it would be this hard to be honest but its got to be done ..... which one are you on as all the milk diets seem to vary so much x

Well tbh, I'm on my own variation of milk diet, as the dietician was useless, bless her. I didn't even get a sheet, & she told me to use Slimfasts (which I won't because they are too high in both suger & carbs...defeating the object of being on a liver-shrinking diet surely?!!!) I had a good chat with my GP who is wonderful & she was happy with my decision to be on 3 pure protein shakes made with skimmed milk (absolutely can't do semi-skimmed), a milky decaf coffee in the morning & a clear broth/consumme soup in the evening. Obviously plenty of water & NAS squash...comes to just under 800 kcals a day.

pmsl, y'know from catching up reading posts from the last couple of weeks, I have realised I am doing myself out of food compared to other milk diets, but it's only for 5 more days, I'm certainly not going to waste away in that time am I?! I think it's because I'm just so terrified of getting put under & then the surgeon not being able to do the op due to my huge distended fatty liver, lol! It is precisely that which is keeping me on track!

Good luck to all you ladies on your pre ops, special wishes to DonnaR who is having the same surgeon as me i believe xx

I know its really scary isnt it! Some people only have to do it for 1 week and some have got their ops early and gone in after a few days and their livers have been fine, but im terriefied that Id be the one they wouldnt operate on!. Ive also been told that as I dont drink (hardly ever) that my liver should be ok really but I dont know how true that is. At least you know if you struggle Angie you could have a piece of fruit :D x

lol, snap, I'm feeling exactly the same, as I've always had rotten luck! I was told I only needed to do a week but I thought 'stuff that'....2 weeks for me just to be safe! But OMG, I do like the odd tipple (although obviously virtuous abstinence for me for the last 3 weeks)....you've got me worrying all over again now, lol!

Oh good luck on that :) Mine is soup and jelly, starts tomorrow and I am stocked up but worrying a LOT about it!!

You will be fine, you are doing it for a really good reason so that does help to keep you on the straight & narrow!!! Although it is hard for the first few days, you will make it! xx

Last edited:
Hey,

Sorry ive not been on much, working too hard at work ready for my time off.

Im doing 3-4 muller light yogurts 2 pints of milk ive also had sugar free jelly and some sugar free chewing gum. along with squash.

I cant wait to go in now and have it done, mind u ive had to sit here and watch the hubby eat a chinese it was HARD. Lol

Im actually not finding it to bad i do have a few hunger pains at times, but hey im goona be slim so its def worth it. Ive never been a size 12 in my life and i would love to get in that.

How are you finding it ? i have my op on the 29/09 and i have to do the pre op diet for 2 weeks.

I'd have kicked my hubbies arse if he ate a chinese in front of me.
It is hard on the milk diet but i have found it easier than i expected. Did you have tons of energy on day 3? coz i have and its been great.
Good luck to all you ladies who are on pre op, we can do this xxx

Back