• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

blinkin fat finger syndrome!!!!!

novamay

Born Free
I've already typed this but my fat fingers got in the way and deleted it by mistake - grr.

I have my date :eek: - no, not for my op unfortunately...

I see the psychologist on the 20th May, and I am having my sleep apnoea test tomorrow - have to pick up the equipment tomorrow morning and return it on the 9th. Moving forward slowly but surely....

Now just waiting to see the surgeon and get weighed - hopefully I'll have got the necessary weight off! I have a holiday last week in March so will have approx 4-6 weeks after that to give it my all.... will have to do lots of swimming and walking on hols, not just lying on the sunlounger reading books, drinking rum punches - ;)

Grace

Well done on your dates! Its a long slow pros but you're getting there. Enjoy your holiday too.

cherry

Ooooo things are moving for you exciting hey x

novamay

Born Free
well, just about moving forward...

The consultant doesn't think I've got sleep apnoea as he couldn't see any obstructions in my throat or nose; and my spirograph test was ok. He thinks I've got chronic insomnia. I agree with him, cos I've had trouble since childhood getting to sleep and staying asleep.

He's still going to give me the test though as he says the surgeon/anethetist can refuse the op if I haven't had it. He's had a lot of referrals from the bariatric team but says so far only a few tested have been diagnosed with SA.

So I have to now wait for another date where I will go and be wired up to the machine.

Ah well, getting there one baby step at a time... at least there is some good news - I got weighed yesterday at the hospital and I have reached my 5kg target!!!