• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat teens, fat twenties - my thirties will be fitter!

Fantastic x

Oh whoa new York is somewhere I defo want to go. Enjoy

hi girls x x i am a newbie x x and was just wondering if anybody who has has gastric surgery is a sufferer of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) x if so has it improved since surgery???

Thank u Mel x x x

Hi Lisa iv been to new York and the biggest thing your remember is the noise and you must take a ride in a yellow cab it's an experience .
We did all the tourist things statten island,statue of liberty ,state building ,central park zoo and don't forget to visit the trump building and tiffanys.you will have great fun so jealous .

Yes and no. Sorry. Hirsuteness And weight gain were my main problems. The hirsuteness hasnt improved

I got my appointment information through for my x-ray this week, and as I am having a barium swallow, I cannot eat OR drink for six hours prior to the appointment :eek: !!! I am going to dehydrate! Not too bothered about food, but can I not even have a drink?!!!

Really really hope that they can sort my port out this way, as my weight loss slowed down, and I gained two pounds and then have lost it again over the past two weeks, but its getting me down. I know the fill isnt likely to have any effect, but I want it anyway, and I want to feel if I can tell any difference - I mean it should for at least a few days anyway shouldnt it? I have been using willpower alone and dieting like on my pre-op diet again, which is how i managed to get the two pound off, but I really dont want another op, and so close to my holiday too :( the clinical nurse said she will advise that if they manage to flip the port back this week, they can put some saline in too, I hope this reaches the right person. :sigh:

Good Luck Lisa - Iv loved reading your diary and I hope everything starts going your way soon :) I am booked in for my band on August 14th - Im soooo exited but sooo scared at the same time... very weird feelings running through me at the moment lol! You have been very brave and thanks for sharing it with newbies like me so we can go in eyes wide open!! xx

Good Luck Lisa - Iv loved reading your diary and I hope everything starts going your way soon :) I am booked in for my band on August 14th - Im soooo exited but sooo scared at the same time... very weird feelings running through me at the moment lol! You have been very brave and thanks for sharing it with newbies like me so we can go in eyes wide open!! xx

Aww Rose, thats so sweet of you. Thank you. I hope everything goes perfectly for you and wish you a speedy recovery! See you on the losers bench :)

Hey Lisa good luck hope they get it sorted so you can get going with the fills. I also went back onto the pre op diet for a few days cause I put on a few pounds on holiday. All off now have had second fill but still not alot of restriction. Crossing fingers for you.

Good luck for tomorrow Lisa xxxx

Good luck Lisa hope it gets sorted.

Great news! My port hadn't flipped!! Woohoo!!! It was just in a funny position!!! I did the barium swallow and the radiologist straight away said that I have good restriction from the fluid that was put in my band at the op ( I stupidly in my excitement didn't ask how much was in there - but I also don't think that she drew it out) but while there I had my first fill of 1ml and then swallows more barium and we watched it go down my oesophagus which on the screen looked to be about an inch and a half wide and then it went through my band at a size that looked similar to a pencil width! It was awesome to see!! I am so happy! Just going to have a small bowl of soup and see how I get on! :)

Lisa that's fantastic news I'm chuffed for you! Does this mean future fills will need to be do e this way? (still...better than having an op)! X

Hi Jo, thanks! The radiologist did say that if I have trouble again then I may have to have my future fills done that way. I don't mind as long as I get them done! Just had a tin of ww tomato soup and I'm full up for 75 calories an have a massive grin on my face :)

Aw bless ya! It's all good in the end, so bring on that cheesy grin :) what a relief for you x

Thats great news! Bet you never thought youd be happy about only eating half a tin of soup!! I personally cant wait to say it! Lol x

Wendy xx

Great news Lisa. It's really interesting watching the X-ray. Good you don't have to have an op, so u can now really start looking forward to your holiday :D

Back