• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat teens, fat twenties - my thirties will be fitter!

Enjoyed reading through your diary Lisa, I too have a ridiculously slim girlfriend who can eat what she likes, makes me sick haha although she's been very supportive, I have my op on the 27th of July and very excited about it ! How you getting on ? X

I'm going through a tough time at the moment, and thinking whats the point etc, as I am constantly hungry, and my portion sizes are creaping up and I dont think I'm losing weight - although I didnt weigh in last week, as I was doing race for life. I know this is a long process though and I go on holiday next week, so I am looking forward to that and eating lots of lovely fresh salads and fruits and just relaxing. When i get back I can refocus on everything and get on with getting my fills and reducing my portion sizes!

Hi Lisa, when did you have your op? I've not had a fill yet and I'm six weeks out on tues. I could still manage a full plate And last night I ate more tea than I should have done :-/ I'm hoping the fills will help. I go through phases of not losing anything then losing a few pound when I'm least expecting it. I think it going to be a long journey. Keep your chin up. We are definately eating less than we would have done before x

Hi, I had my op on May 8th and only had my first fill done about two weeks ago - it has made no difference whatsoever, but I was warned about that. My second fill is booked for the week after i get back from Holiday. I am not totally relying on the fills though, as I know from here that it takes willpower and hard work too.

That's a tough one. I personally have no willpower and that's how I found myself overweight. I know we have to do the work too but I hope the fills make some difference further down the line when we have had a few. Physically I could eat what I did before the main thing I've cut out is bread and sweet stuff. But even now that's a struggle. Wish we could buy willpower. I would rather have paid five grand for a supply of that :-/ x

Hi Lisa,

Wanted to check back in and see how you are doing. Very jealous with you about to go on holiday and a trip to New York! Well done on doing so well so far, expecially having to do it on your own. fingers crossed you have a great holiday and come back to a fill which starts to make some difference.

Dont worry about it too much, wait for the second fill, see how you go. Just keep under the allotted amount of calories your meant to have.

Are you using 'Myfitnesspal' - as its my life savior - I track my food this way....

Hello everyone! I'm back from a lovely holiday to Turkey, had a great time and felt so much better about myself already, I was jumping off boats, swimming and enjoying the lovely fresh fruit and vegetables. I mainly stuck to having two main meals a day and snacks of fruit (the nectarines were to die for) but I didnt have any trouble with my band and it didnt tighten or restrict me in any way. I ate basically what I wanted, but tried to make good choices and was never able to finish a meal. Came back on Thursday and had my appointment for my second fill last night. Once again the nurse had no end of trouble finding my band, i have apparently developed a few fatty lumps under my skin, which makes things harder. I ended up with four puncture wounds, but we got there in the end and I think I now have about 4 and a half mls in my band. I was dreading being weighed after being away, but was thrilled, because I'd actually lost 3kgs while on holiday! GET IN!!!! I had put on a few pounds before I had gone away, so I've lost those and a few more and am so happy, I never expected that to happen! My nurse said to give this fill a week, as they can take that long for you to notice any difference, and then email her and if necessary, I can go back next week for another. She was so lovely, professional and I'm so grateful that she never gave up on finding my port. So happy with this process!

Of course they don't :rolleyes: HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Enjoy your birthday and your cake! Contrats on your loss too. T xxx

Happy birthday... I havnt eaten for 24 he's as I had my band done at 8pm so the idea of cake is making me dribble... lol!
Have a lovely day and have a piece for me ;-) xx

Wow sounds like the holiday was lovely.

Happy Belated Birthday hun...Hope you had a great one, and enjoyed some cake x

So pleased things are going well for you now x

Back