• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat teens, fat twenties - my thirties will be fitter!

Good news Lisa .

Brilliant hun, glad the stress of the last few weeks is over for you and you can just enjoy watching the scales counting backwards! My op is on 14th of august and im on major countdown!! :)

Wendy xx

I have just had a call to say I've won another competition, but this one is an iffy one for me! I won a fashion photo shoot with professional hair cut and makeup. Now currently if someone aims a camera at me, I want to run, however if the voucher comes through and can be used over the next year then I may think about it! How would you feel about it? Last thing I really want is a photo of me for my living room! Haha! Sounds really ungrateful and I'm not it's just out of the fifty prizes I could have won, this is the one that makes me feel most uncomfortable!

mmmmm I think I know how you feel, cant stand the camera been pointed in my direction. Family managed to get some pics of me over the weekend and I am not happy. Wait to get vouchers and hopefully they will last for a decent period of time so you can use them. Great to get a haircut with makeover.

I'd ask the company if you can wait and have it done when at goal as trust me that's when you'll be happy to strut your stuff :)

So pleased to hear that! I was trying to remember your username this morning and look for your post to see how you got on. So glad for you that it hadn't flipped! Now you can enjoy your hol :)

I've been reading quite a few "scary" stories on here over the past few weeks, of people that have had fills of too much and cant eat afterwards. My provider is very strict on telling me that its not how much is in my band, but how it feels. I have to show them on a chart where I feel I am - the green zone, is where i want to be, which is not hungry, not being sick, then there is the yellow zone which is hungry and not being sick and the red zone, not able to eat, and being sick. I had my first fill last week, and only had 1ml put in, they said there was some fluid in there already, but in my excitement, I forgot to ask how much, so I actually have no idea how much I have in my band. I am not feeling restriction as such, and dont feel like the fill has made much difference, but I certainly cant eat as much. I suppose in my mind, this is going to work for me as having little fills, to slowly get my body used to it until i reach the elusive sweet spot! I'm not saying that any one elses provider is any better/worse than mine, merely comparing myself to peoples stories on here. I know this is going to be a long journey, as I have so much weight to lose, and as long as it is coming off slowly, I suppose the way it is happening is best for me.

Lisa I feel the same way about the fills I only want small fills so I don't have any problems.

Well it's Race for life today - something I wouldnt have even contemplated a few months ago and confidence is hitting me a little bit, I keep thinking maybe I'll be last to finish or embarrass myself but what the heck at least I'm doing it! I can confirm that my first fill has made no difference whatsoever and I told the hospital that when they checked up on me this week. They offered for me to go jn for a small fill on Monday which I declined as a waste because in the same breathe they warned me my band could feel a lot tighter in the heat in turkey and I go a week on Wednesday. I don't want it to feel too tight and I don't want to waste an appointment on another small fill that won't make any difference, so I opted for an appointment two days after I'm back from holiday and will just have to use willpower to not put on weight. I knew this wasn't going to be a super fast journey so I'm happy with how I'm doing :) I also heard back from the photo shoot people and my voucher lasts a year so I'm going to use it to take some photos next year when I'm feeling more confident!

Last edited:
Good luck today. You are a braver woman than me!

I think it's wise to wait for the fill. The weather can have a big impact on your body and the band and I cannot imagine anything worse than struggling when on holiday in a foreign country. Think about what you may have put on in weight going on holiday pre-band... And if you achieve less of a weight gain, stay the same, or lose ... Any of those three scenarios would be better. It's all about perception and perspective!

Have a great time :) x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Have a great time, race for life is all about fun so don't go worrying as all shapes n sizes are there. Your port may be a little hard after, or at least mine is after exercise but other than that just enjoy. I'd not heard that about the band tightening up in the heat so be interesting to see how you go on hol as I'm off to kusadasi in August (and I don't want anymore restriction!)

Thank you! I'll let you know Jo about the heat - I'm going to icmeler and it's reporting 43 degree heat this past week! Eeek!

Aw I love icmeler! Think I've been about everywhere in turkey lol

Good luck Lisa. I have a friend who lost three stone by running and cutting out chocolate alone and would love to be able to run. Well jog fast anyway! I love turkey. My favourite part has to be olu deniz x

Thanks all! I did it!! Not the fastest time but it's a starting point so I can better it next year! Did it walking as fast as I could in an hour and four minutes but I did have to stop to buy water as I stupidly presumed they would have some en route! Am really pleased with myself and am in costa having a skinny latte to celebrate :)

Well done lisa! Im aiming to do the manchester 10k next year if iv lost enough! Lol :)

Wendy xx

Back