• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fed up

jackie_baker67

:wave_cry: wen i first got my band i was so excited ,5months in i got a fill that didnt feel right i started to eat more and puttin more weight on by the time i got my fill check under xray i was bigger than wen i got my first fill under xray. it turned out i had 3.5 mls missing from my band iv had a few fluid checks since them all say i have it all still thier ,i have talk to dietian how says need to eat the right food and not snack, sorry but if i had willpower i would not have paid 6000 pound to have
this don i would have donit myself:break_diet:sorry rant over jackie

hi jackie sorry you feel this way i have had a gastric bypass. we do need to change to a healthy eating routine as this op is only an aide to help us loose weight it is not a quick fox cure it really doesn't matter how much money it cost. you dietitian is right.

:wave_cry: wen i first got my band i was so excited ,5months in i got a fill that didnt feel right i started to eat more and puttin more weight on by the time i got my fill check under xray i was bigger than wen i got my first fill under xray. it turned out i had 3.5 mls missing from my band iv had a few fluid checks since them all say i have it all still thier ,i have talk to dietian how says need to eat the right food and not snack, sorry but if i had willpower i would not have paid 6000 pound to have
this don i would have donit myself:break_diet:sorry rant over jackie

Hello there, Sorry your having a little bit of a rough time, glad you have shared your story with us all.

B4 you had ur band I take it that they discussed your eating habits??? I mean was you a big portion eater?? a snacker?? sweet toothed person etc????

As a bander personally speaking and from what I have seen on this forum and other banded patients , a band is for a big portion eaters, so if your eating slider foods ( chocs,crisps etc) then the band will not work for you.

(I am not suggesting you are eating rubbish foods but from your comment about the dietician saying you need to eat the right foods, she/he is right.

The band is only a tool to be used in aid of weight loss ( just any other surgery) if your not 100% committed to eating the right foods then it wont work for you. Sorry if this seems harsh to hear/read etc but thats the truth of the matter. You have to follow the guidelines in order for any weight loss surgery to work. Wishing you all the best and looking forward to your reply regarding what kind of eater you are. Much Luv 2 You - MeJulie xxx

snacker

hi thanks for your feed back , on a nomal day i have porrage and bannana this did fill me in the first 5 months after the fiil in oct nothings been the same , i can eat a sunday dinner small plate ,meat yorkshires ,veg mash, roat pots , ten mins after iam eatin again , in the beganin i would not have been abal to get it down now it will:sigh:

HI Jackie
Sounds to me like you are eating a lot of slider foods so everything is just going straight through your band. Porriage, banana, mash, yorkshires, gravy etc.
Have you tried uping you protein levels at all.
Can you give me an idea of what you are eating on a day to day bases and how you feel after and we can see if we can help
Amy x

food

hi just wont to say thanku for trying to help me . some days i have spagg bol with garlic bread,but still hungery so will get wot ever is to hand sometimes i will eat full cucumber, other week my dietian said to have new pot skin on so i did with cripy chicken burgers and some veg i was still hunger ,have u had any fluid removed form your band as my work great till 3.5 mls went missin out of my band ,a lass i no how went to her goal weight was goin on hols and ask for some fluid to be taken out , she later got it put back but was never the some she has now put 2 stone back on. can u last stuff u would eat on an averge day see how i go ps nothin with cheese lol jackie

the band is atool

the band is atool thats wot people have put on hear ,if i had a hammer it would help to put nail in wotever wall,wood so wot is the bands job as i see it it is thier to tell u wen u r full yes i eat junk but only after a main meal,if the band was doin its job i should not be able to eat anything else should i, i couldnt in the begining. :confused:

Crumpets are a test for me, or slice of toast. I know if restriction is easing up if I manage one without having a pause halfway thru!

Hi Jackie
This is my daily menu

Breakfast - 40g branflakes with semi skimmed milk
Lunch - Chicken wrap with salsa and salad
Dinner - Anything I want in a small portion but usually very meat or fish based i.e chicken stir fry, mackerel, new pots and veg etc
I try and stick to 1200 calories per day with a couple of snacks if I need them so a snack a jack, small cereal bar, babybel light, or a curly whirly as a treat. Loads of low sugar juice, water, tea. I do also walk four times a week for 90 mins at a time and one excercise class.
From what you have said you really need to change you mind set. The band is a tool (sorry but it is) you are going to have to work for the weight lose, it won't just happen.
Good luck!

jackie_baker67 said:
i can eat 2 slices off toast and still have room for bananna jackie

Well that's def not what I'm getting....I know we are all different but that tells me it's not full enough?

thanks

hi thanku will try that ,but like i said earlyer if its a tool wot is its purpose. u have given me a days meal after u have eaten the branflakes and the wrap do u feel full so that if u try to eat anything it wont go down ? like i say l will try that tomorro and let u no ,

fill

last time i went for a fluid check they took some out about half ml as i was been sick so dont know just wish it was like it was before trainee got hands on me , then i had 6.5 mls in and had gone down to 14.8 now iam back up to 15 10 and have 6mls in

jackie_baker67 said:
hi thanku will try that ,but like i said earlyer if its a tool wot is its purpose. u have given me a days meal after u have eaten the branflakes and the wrap do u feel full so that if u try to eat anything it wont go down ? like i say l will try that tomorro and let u no ,

It's more that you struggle to finish what you made but then if you gave it half an hour I don't doubt you could go back and start eating again but the point is you shouldn't as you aren't hungry! you should last from one mealtime to the next without needing to go back for extra? I'd struggle on 40g branflakes (only just manage 30g) and wouldn't manage a whole wrap either. But we are all different. You have to try sticking to 3 meals a day at least if struggling! Good luck

no willpower

u have don really well wot size band did u get , i got 10 ml ,have u got to your goal before your 2 year cover up , think need to give myself good kick up the but as i only have year left before i have to pay for my fills . have to ask does it get easyer the longer u have it in

Hiya. I was only banded 4th oct last year so I'm only 6mth in! Ive also got 3yr aftercare but I'm currently working on my final stone...want to see a glimmer of the 10s then that's it as skin already starting to droop :) I have 7.5ml in an 11ml Swedish band. All I can say is I've worked bloody hard to lose, watching what I eat and also exercising daily (which I still don't enjoy)! This last stone been tough and i went up n down for a month achieving nothing so joined weight watchers two weeks ago to refocus...lost 4lb first week then 2.5lb this week. I don't care what anyone says you have to be on a diet to make it work! If you don't have salad, veg, fruit etc then you can't expect a loss.all the band personally does for me is stop me, which comes in very handy if I get the "I want a pig out" head on..! (saying that I don't feel restriction with biscuits n crisps...grrr). Xx

Back