• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Boob help

Butterfly1979

Wonder if anyone can help? Over losing alot of weight with a previous band then having it removed and now having a bypass my weight has gone up and down dramatically and as a result my boobs really get me down, and resemble spaniels ears! Is it possible to get funding on the Nhs for a lift at all. ?

Not if your in Dorset :( if they are getting infected i think you can apeal to the pct.

I think it depends on your PCT hun. Mine will fund for apronectomy only in extreme circumstances but categorically will not fund for breast uplift. The PCTs all seem to be so different with regards to their rules though so yours might, best to speak to your GP or contact your PCT for their advice.

H xx

Hi
Plastic surgery on the nhs isnt widely available. In general it isnt available for cosmetic purposes alone. There has to be overriding psychological or physical reasons for doing it.
Just googled it, but you can still ask to be put forward, nothing ventured nothing gained
Kim

Hello there

I know area's differ with pcts etc however the best person to ask if your pct is funding for boob op is your gp, I must say generally on the whole they class a boob op as cosmetic surgery and is it not normally funded on the nhs - but it doesn't hurt to ask your gp as they know how the land lies with pct procedures etc - Wishing you all the best MeJulie xx

have you considered fat transfer i,e fat from flanks liposuctioned , purified then transfered to boobs, most probably safer than any inplants, if i were to get boobs done i think i would go down this root...very difficult to get it on nhs boob jobs unless medical reasons.

Was reading up on the fat transfer story, and apparently the effects are great for a few months and then the fat sort of dissapates and it looks like you have had nothing done, so maybe not a great route to go...

I couldn't get it done on nhs. Having to go private.

How long do people tend to wait for things to settle down after getting to target??? I've still got a few stone to go but will be impatient and going private if I think the girls need help xx

I got to target and continued losing...arghh...and want to put a few pounds back on (cannot believe I am saying this LOL) I am hoping to gain a couple in the next week and a half before my op as I have a defill this week. The consultant says they like you to be maintaining because any largish weight gain or loss can affect how the boobs sit. In all honesty i think that will also help me in my approach to maintaining my weight within certain parameters ... Ideally 10st12 to 11st2 which i know i look better at). I have to have an uplift and augmentation tho ... Bit scarey tbh

Back